An Uncomfortable Encounter

"Check it out!" Natsuki proudly announced.

The pink-haired student placed a plate on one of the desks and eagerly pulled off the cover to reveal 24 handmade cookies for all to see.

"Whoa! They look awesome, Natsuki!" Sayori gushed as she marveled at the confections in front of her.

"Yep. Each one is has a word on it that, when put together, form a very short story," Natsuki proudly explained. "Just let me put them together and..."

Natsuki was quickly rendered speechless by the sight of Sayori scarfing down her 5th cookie.

"SAYORI! NOW I CAN'T SHOW OFF MY LITERATURE COOKIES!" Natsuki roared.

"Eh? But I thought you made these for us to eat," the confused vice-president replied.

"NOT YET!" Natsuki fumed.

"Don't be mad, Natsuki, your cookies are still delicious," Monika complimented before taking another bite from one of the cookies.

"Ugh..." Natsuki groaned.

Then, from the corner of her eyes, Natsuki noticed Yuri was once again lost in one of her books. Without saying a word, she gently grasped one of the cookies with a napkin, slowly made her way to the distant maiden and forced the treat in her line of sight.

"Eh?" brought back from her trip to the world of fiction; Yuri curiously looked up and found it strange that Natsuki was avoiding any form of eye contact. She then silently accepted the cookie and took a small bite out of it. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," Natsuki casually shrugged. "Now I just have to make sure there's something left for anyone else that wants it."

The moment she finished that sentence, Natsuki realized something important.

"Hey... where's the only boy in our club?" she wondered aloud.

"Maybe he had to help a teacher with something," Monika hypothesized.

"Or maybe he's just spacing out somewhere again," Natsuki countered.

"It could both!" Sayori interjected before swallowing her 10th cookie.

"SAYORI!" Natsuki exclaimed.

Contrary to his club mates' guesses, Shujinkou was actually in the middle of a very strange moment. He could do nothing but watch; confused to why Kiyoko was personally applying tape around the wound on his right palm as her team continued to practice their drills.

"Um... I could have put the band-aid on myself, Kiyoko," he finally said.

Kiyoko glanced up at Shujinkou.

"Oh, I don't mind," Kiyoko replied. "That said, you know you could have gone to nurse if you wanted something to patch up the wound. Why did you come here?"

"Well... I was doing something I'm trying to keep confidential and coming here seemed like a better way of keeping it that way," he answered as he scratched his right cheek. "Plus, I know that sport clubs have first-aid kits in case of injury so..."

"That sounds like the right move for whatever you're doing," Kiyoko tightened the tape around his hand and cut it from the rest of roll.

Shujinkou curiously looked down at his hand then back to Kiyoko.

"Anyway, thanks for your help, Kiyoko," thanked Shujinkou. "And... you didn't see me here."

"No problem and understood," Kiyoko smiled.

With his objective now complete, Shujinkou walked out of the school gym and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Glad she didn't push," he slightly chuckled.