Two Meta Part 2

Shujinkou's eyes unapologetically darted back and forth. He couldn't help it. In front of him were two people who looked the same, acted similar and shared the same name. There were two Monikas and he didn't know how to react or what explanation for how such a scenario came to be.

The only difference between the two Monikas was their attire. The one he met today was in a white dress while the one he always knew was in her pajamas.

"So..." the pajama-clad Monika played with her thumbs. Her focus briefly shifted to Shujinkou before returning to her lookalike. "I'm sorry; I don't really know what to say here."

"I can't blame you. Seeing yourself is kinda distressing," the other Monika sympathized.

"Myself? So, you wouldn't happen to be a long lost twin?"

The other Monika shook her head."No, I was kinda confused at first, but after coming here I think I understand what's going on here."

She raised her index finger and smiled. "I'm in another reality."

Shujinkou and Monika blankly stared at the self-proclaimed visitor from another reality.

"I know it sounds crazy but that's what makes the most sense in this situation," she said.

The Monika in her nightwear turned towards Shujinkou. There was no sign of judgment on her face and she calmly asked, "Do you believe her, Shujinkou?"

"Do I?"

"You spent all day with her? What do you think?"

"Well..." Shujinkou awkwardly scratched his right cheeks as he recalled the abnormalities that he decided not to think too hard about.

When he actually thought about it, it was still strange how when they first met, the other Monika seemed to have no idea who he was. Then there was her brief silent when he mentioned Sayori; that was strange too.

She also asked him questions and made comments that seemed like she was not from around here.

But even those facts combined don't exactly lend credence to the other Monika's assertion of being from another realm of existence.

But at the same time, there was the undeniable fact that throughout the entire day he spent with her, the other Monika sounded and acted very similar to the Monika he knew.

"My head hurts..." Shujinkou moaned. "But, the thing is, not only do you two look and sound alike, but you two also act alike. I honestly think it would be cool if this was a multiverse thing, but what other reasons would there be if it wasn't that?"

"None that are pleasant..." Monika weakly replied.

"Probably involves stalking, facial surgery, and eventual taking the original's life," the other Monika added.

The two exchanged surprised glances before turning their attention back to Shujinkou.

"You two had the same idea?"

The two nodded their head in near unison.

"Well, I don't mean to say this in a narcissistic way but if the Monika I spent all day with was trying to be the one I know, wouldn't she have known who I was already? Not to mention, she seemed overall confused to a lot of things in the first place."

"I was," she confirmed.

"Um... What's the last thing you remember before ending up at my house?"

"The last thing...?" The other Monika closed her eyes. "I remember darkness, horrid sounds then decimation. One of the last things to happen to me... It felt like I was suddenly grabbed and forcibly torn into a million little pieces. I remember feeling betrayal after all that I went through to be with someone. But I also remember that despite that, there was one emotion that I couldn't stop feeling. Other than the message I left behind, I remember some of the last words I directly said.