The Guilty Part 4

"I... I..."

Aside from a few occasional moments and certain topics, Yuri was under the belief that she was past having trouble finding the right words.

"Why...?"

"'Why...?' what?" a curious voice asked.

Standing in front of her was Monika.

"Something on your mind, Yuri?" she further asked.

"N-No... It's just... Well... I was just thinking about what it would be like if I could be more open with my feelings."

"But I thought you were already more open with your feelings, Yuri."

"I am, but there are some that I haven't mustered up the courage to verbally."

"Have you tried the nonverbal methods? I know something like this would be something you would express in your poetry."

"I've tried, but..." Yuri sighed. "The words are in my head and in my heart, but I cannot bring myself to let them out in any way."

"I see..." Curiosity was evident on Monika's face as she took a moment to think. "Do you at least know what these feelings are directed at?"

"It's actually directed towards quite a few things really," Yuri answered. And the truly frustrating thing about it is they are almost about the same thing."

"Really? That does sound a bit frustrating," Monika sympathized

"I was actually thinking that if it was you, you wouldn't have such a hard time expressing these feelings."

"Eh... That's not entirely true..."

"Really? You've always seemed to have an easy time to expressing yourself all the time."

"Honestly, I have as hard as a time as you do when it comes to certain things too," Monika admitted.

"You do?"

"Come on, Yuri, you know I do. In fact, I'm sure there are certain topics that we share that make us a bit stumped on what to do."

"Ah... Perhaps."

"Still, it's okay if you don't know how to express what you're feeling. It's frustrating, but sometimes you just need to wait for the right moment."

"I know..." Yuri conceded. "Perhaps I'm just stuck with them bottled up until then."

"Don't think of it like that. Just think if it a searching for the right time for both you and the recipient," Monika cheerfully advised.

"So... Bottled up."

Monika's cheerful demeanor immediately crumbled. "Okay, you're forced to bottle it up..."

Yuri giggled. The playful defeat resting on Monika's face made it hard not to.

"You know, the others are probably waiting for us," Monika pointed out. "We shouldn't keep them any longer."

"Okay," Yuri closing her eyes.

"Yuri?"

I...

"Yuri?"

"I..."

Golden rays of sunlight hovering above were the first thing Yuri noticed when she reopened her eyes.

"Ever the cruel irony..."

"Yuri?"

A face full of stiches was suddenly thrust into her field of view.

"Yuki..."