Student President

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. It was the very first game of the Zelda franchise that Fuyu has ever played. It is what drew her in and even gave her the motivation to understand the timeline of the games. Whenever she's feeling down or overworked, it was one of the games she plays to escape reality, even for just a moment.

"Where can I find another blue kinstone?" Fuyu wondered aloud.

She continued to scour the virtual maps for her coveted item until her eyes were drawn up towards Rei. They subtly followed her from their bedroom door all the way to her dresser. On top was a single lotus flower that she had received from her recent summer trip. After silently staring at it for an entire minute, Rei walked to her bed, sat down and gazed out the window like she does every night.

"Hey, Rei?" just like every other time she turned around with her usual blank look, Fuyu had no idea what to actually say once she got her attention. "You going to bed soon?"

The only reply she got from her foster sister was a simple blink of the eye before she returned to gazing out the window. 30 seconds later, Rei slipped under her covers, her eye still fixated on their window.

With her question answered, Fuyu grabbed her headphones, plugged them into her game and continued playing. "Good night, Rei."

The silent girl turned towards her sister before returning to the window.

The next morning, Fuyu walked down the steps to find her mother, Kori, drinking a cup of hot chocolate.

"Fuyu," she suddenly said.

"Yeah, mom?"

"I've been meaning to ask; have you noticed that Rei has been waving hello and goodbye at people lately?"

Fuyu shot her mother a confused stare. She was sure that her mother already noticed that fact for herself. "Mom, what are you getting at?"

"It seems like she's picking up on social behaviors," Kori continued.

"Yeah?"

"I just thought it was interesting to remember that."

A small smile crossed Fuyu's face. As expected from someone in her profession, she had a roundabout way of saying what she really meant. "I know, Mom. I know."

As if on cue, Rei walked downstairs. After climbing down the last step, her gaze was immediately drawn to Kori. The two simply stared into each other's eyes, unknowingly creating an awkward atmosphere for Fuyu.

"So..." feeling like she was literally caught in the middle of something she couldn't understand, the bespectacled youth desperately looked for a reason to end the moment. She glanced at her mother then at her foster sister. Ready to go, Rei?"

The silent girl blankly stared at her foster sibling.

"Alright, let's go," adjusting her glasses, Fuyu led Rei out of the house and embarked on another silent journey to school.

Once at school, the two went their separate way. As Fuyu walked through the halls of the school she helps manage...

"Fuyu?"

The student president turned as she adjusted her glasses; her steely gaze landing on a 3rd-year student. "Yes?"

Her icy gaze filled the student with discomfort as they presented a form to her. "I-I have to give you the-."

"Right. Thank you," Fuyu interjected as she accepted the form.

She soon took her leave, leaving the student to breathe a sigh of relief. But that would not be the only document she would receive. Throughout the morning, she would receive several visitors with more forms to deliver that she felt it was becoming the running gag of her life.