Shujinkou's Turbulent Weekend Part 3

Shujinkou yawned as he slowly sat up in his bed. Sparkling sunbeams slipped through his blinds as he scratched the back of his head. Though he didn't show it, he was still satisfied by his accomplishment from the day before. It took hours, but he was finally able to replicate a glitch in Sly 3's final battle that he had once obtained by accident.

Once his eyes were fully accustomed to the new day, Shujinkou reached for his phone and turned it on.

"Oh crap!" horror wasted no time grasping him in its grip as he was greeted by the device's internal clock. "I'm late for school!"

The startled young man swiftly jumped out of bed and sped through his usual before school schedule. Once he was ready, he grabbed his bag, ran down the steps and lunged towards the front door.

"I'm off to school, Mom!" he shouted as he opened the door.

As Shujinkou jumped through the front door, he heard a surprising response. "But, Shujinkou, didn't you tell me that you didn't have school today?"

Such a reply caused his entire body to freeze for a full minute, diverting all power to his brain to allow it to process what he had just heard. Shujinkou soon backtracked inside, closing the door behind him and turned towards his mother.

"Oh yeah..." Shujinkou said, scratching his red right cheek. "I totally forgot about that."

He then walked back upstairs to his room and changed into more casual clothing. Just as he finished getting dressed, he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in," Shujinkou answered.

He watched as his mother slowly opened the door, sporting a curious look on her face.

"Is something wrong, Shujinkou?" she suddenly asked.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's just that students usually don't forget day offs from school and... Well... I just wanted to know if something was bothering you to make you forget."

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay then. Do you have any plans for the day?"

"Not particularly."

"Oh. Well, will you need me for anything?"

"Um... Not that I can think off."

"That's good, because I was planning to head out after you woke up."

"Head out where?"

"Well... Just roaming around town."

"Oh."

An awkward silence prevented any further exchanges of dialogue, something Shujinkou found surprising. There was never any tension when it came to his mother telling him her plans.

"Anyway, I don't really know when I'll be back, but if you need me, just call," she informed him.

"Okay," Shujinkou nodded his head. "Have fun."

"Mm." with a simple nod, Hiro departed from his room.

"Any plans today..." the young man spread out on his bed as he wondered what he could actually do with his time. He could try to write; perhaps he could draw, or maybe try and replicate another video game glitch he stumbled upon in the past. "Actually, I think I should go vis-"

Before Shujinkou could finish that thought, he heard the sound of the doorbell reverberate through the house. He once again travelled down the steps, reached for the front door and opened it to find Natsuki on the other side.