The Guilty Part 2

"So, Sayori..." Monika's eyes scoured the ceiling staring down at her. "Do you think I'm acting a little too comfortable right now?"

"What do you mean?" Sayori curiously questioned. "How is this too comfortable?"

"It's just that we're both laying across Shujinkou's floor right now and... I know that it's okay for you to do so but me..."

"I'm sure Shiko wouldn't mind."

"I don't know. I don't think I hold the same position to do stuff like that in here."

"I don't think it's that big of a deal, I've been doing this with Shiko since we met." Turning over, Sayori looked down upon Monika's face, her curiosity contrasting her friend's surprise. "Plus, he's been to your house a few times; haven't you two did at your house at least one time?"

"Um..." Monika's cheeks were slightly red as she recalled the answer to that question. "Yeah... Yeah, we did. Maybe it's just the timing..."

As Monika tried to regain her calm, Sayori turned towards the sleeping Shujinkou. "I can't believe how badly that went for us..."

"Yeah... I didn't really expect things to be easy at all, but that was pretty bad."

"What I don't get is why she's so mad at us though. Did something happen during the times I was gone?"

Monika shook her head. "Nothing you aren't aware of. We were worried and eventually captured and the rest is history."

"But what about after?" Sayori questioned.

"Um... Not as bad as earlier."

"...But why is she angry at us though?"

"I can't say for sure. There could be a lot of reasons," Sitting up, Monika shook her head in disbelief. "Really, I should have seen this coming considering how Yuri's been acting since Shujinkou was tossed into that river."

"But still, why us though? It doesn't make any sense," Sayori asserted.

"Well, I can't really say anything judgmental myself considering how I've been acting," Monika sighed. Plus, if I, someone who objectively was the least traumatized by this event acted the way I did then imagine what Yuri's going through."

"But... why us though...? Why would any of that mean that she be so angry at us?" Sayori lamented. "I mean... that's not how it went last time..."

"...I don't know," Monika solemnly admitted. "I guess that's something that only Yuri knows."

That was hard for her to admit, but it wasn't as daunting as what else was on her mind. Monika slowly turned her attention to Shujinkou and sighed. "Something Yuki said really spoke to me."

"You mean how Yuri's doing what Shiko used to do?"

"No... When she said that Shujinkou could definitely make Yuri happy. Maybe we should address the elephant in the room and admit that things would definitely be easier if Shujinkou was awake right now."

"Yeah... I was thinking that a lot for awhile now. If Shiko didn't fall into a coma that night, then maybe we all wouldn't have separated so easily." A soft chuckle slipped out of Sayori as she averted her gaze. "I know for a fact that he wouldn't have left you alone after everything. Plus, there's also the fact that Natsuki would only talk to him after the thing with her father."

"It's why I called him the 'The Heart' of the club, because at the end of the day, we can't deny that everyone is closest to him."

A heavy air hung over the two. It seemed to stay there until Sayori spoke up. "...Still... We can't give up! Sure, everyone's closest to Shiko, but we're still pretty close too! There has to be a way for us to figure out how to make Yuri feel better."