Cognitive Representation

"...I could let him do that and have her end up in that situation so she could develop as a character..." Shujinkou sat at his desk, recording all his ideas for his developing story. "Writing fanfiction is hard..."

Soon, every idea he had so far was transferred to the white sheet in front of him. A satisfied sigh slipped through his lips as he lazily leaned against the back of his chair. Now staring at the ceiling above him, a curious thought decided that now was the time to make itself known.

"I wonder where mom went," the curious child wondered aloud.

His grandmother did convince him not to question her about taking a sudden trip.

"Everyone's allowed at least one surprise trip," she said.

But ever since then, Hiro has been spending more and more time outside of the house. It was not like she was neglecting him and he knew she has a right to privacy but his curious side refused not to speculate to what was going on.

"Maybe she's..."

The sudden buzz of the front doorbell interrupted Shujinkou's train of thought. As he journeyed towards the front door, a new train of thought travelled down the railroad in his head. He was not expecting anyone to come to his house and his mother did not tell him to be on the lookout for anyone.

With no other way to satisfy his curiosity, Shujinkou opened the front door.

"Good morning, Shujinkou," Yuri greeted him.

"Hey, Yuri," he casually replied. It only took him ten seconds for him to realize something strange about this scenario. "Wait... How did you know where I lived?"

"Ah... Well, Sayori told me when we worked on our poster for the contest your grandmother held," Yuri calmly answered.

"Oh. Well, that explains that," Shujinkou replied.

Their conversation came to a halt as Yuri remained quiet, now sporting a worried expression on her face.

"Um..." Shujinkou scratched his right cheek as he struggled to think of something to say. "...Do you want to come inside?"

It wasn't the first time he had a girl in his house, but Shujinkou still was struck with disbelief over the fact that those were the only words that came out of his mouth. He also found it a pretty awkward thing to say since the situation did not call for such a suggestion.

"Ah... Um..." Yuri struggled to maintain eye contact with Shujinkou as she considered his request. "That... would be helpful."

"Helpful?" Shujinkou wondered what that response meant as he guided his guest into his home.

"Do you want something to drink?" Shujinkou offered as they entered the kitchen.

"No thanks," Yuri answered.

They silently sat on opposite sides of the kitchen table and remained quiet for a full minute.

"So... What brings you here?" Shujinkou asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Ah... I needed to talk to you and I didn't have any way of contacting you," Yuri answered.

It was at that exact moment when Shujinkou he did not have any way of contacting Yuri either. Thinking about it though, he has never been in a situation where he needed her contact info.

"That said... I felt like I should talk to you in person anyway," Yuri continued.

Yuri's vague answer sparked Shujinkou's curious nature. What could be so important that she would visit him on a Saturday?