Jamias Vu

He could feel the water gently swirl around him. He thought it was the underwater currents pulling him deeper into the sea's grasp but, upon opening his eyes, he realized that was rising towards the surface.

Hoist over the line separating the ocean and sky, Shujinkou was soon washed onto the sandy shore of a beach. The sky was uncomfortably cloudy and beyond the shore of the beach was a barrier. The young man curiously approached the barrier and reached for it.

A small shock instinctively prompted him to his retract his hand back to his side.

What is this place?

"Go any further and you may never be able to go back."

A sharp chill crawled up the spine. It wasn't because of the shock of someone out of sight suddenly talking to him; rather it was the voice itself. It didn't sound sinister, but something about it was intimidating.

Slowly and cautiously, Shujinkou turned around. Standing in front of him was a figure wearing a black cloak. Their face was covered by a hood but their sharp red eyes shined through. They seemed familiar somehow, but they were also scary. Just staring into them robbed Shujinkou of all his strength.

The figure's arms rose towards the hood and pulled it away from their face.

Long silver hair spilled over the hood and dropped down to the figure's knees. Now staring at their lower body, Shujinkou noticed beneath the unzipped portion of the stranger's cloak was a black dress that ended just past their knees. It was a lighter shade of black that contrasted the darker variant that defined their cloak and the socks that completely covered their slender legs.

"Shujinkou."

Once again hearing that intimidating, yet composed voice prompted the young man to swiftly look back up at its owner; he feared what would happen if he didn't.

Face to face with the stranger once more, Shujinkou was surprised to find that it was a female that looked about his age. But that wasn't his only surprise.

Her face was as white as paper and two thick black lines ran from her emotionless eyes to towards the bottom of her face. Her ears were longer than normal and pointy and protruding from her head were two horns with black shackles wrapped around it.

Hanging from the shackles were chains; on the right was only one single broken link, on the left were two full links and a white skull at the end. The white skull was the same shape and stylized like the one connected to the black choker surrounding her neck.

She kinda reminds me of Karizu.

Shujinkou scratched his right cheek before realizing that the sky was no longer cloudy. Now it was night with stars brilliantly shining above them.

"Shujinkou," she said once again.

"Huh? How do you know my name?" he asked.

The girl remained silent. She was just staring at him, but it was if she was staring into his soul. He was sure they could steal it to if they wanted to.

"Uhm... Do you happen to know where we are?"

"...You need to go back to where you came from," she said.

"Huh?"

The girl raised her right palm towards his face. That was the last thing he saw before the world around him was suddenly blanketed by darkness.

"Shujinkou..."

"Huh?"

"Shujinkou."

A familiar voice coerced him to leave the world darkness of sleep. He slowly his eyes opened them to greet the new day.