2nd Visit

A lone bus sped through the darkness in the middle of its journey. While what little light provided was always enough for the passengers, it never stopped their excitement from increasing whenever they see a greater approaching light. The light grew bigger and brighter until the bus finally drove out of the tunnel, finally allowing the passengers to see the evening sky.

"We've finally broke through," Fuyu said.

"And check out the sunset," Kiyoko added, admiring the orange sun sitting on the horizon.

"Guess this makes up for me getting the wrong tickets, huh?" Sayori nervously asked, her eyes darting between Shujinkou and the others.

"It's not like we were going to hold a massive grudge at you for making a mistake, Sayori," Monika assured her. "These things happen. What's important is that we're finally almost there."

The bus eventually stopped, giving the group the chance to find themselves in front of the establishment they have visited once before in the past.

"I still can't believe that we got the chance to come back here again so soon," Fuyu said, her voice layered in disbelief.

"When did you think you would get the chance to come back here?" Sayori asked.

"At least 20 years from now," Fuyu answered, adjusting her glasses.

"That reminds me..." Shujinkou turned his attention to Rei and asked, "You weren't at school yet when we came here, right Rei?"

The raven-haired girl responded to his question with her usual silent gaze.

"You don't have to worry, Shujinkou. I can show her how to get around here," Fuyu assured him.

"Ah. Okay," he nodded.

The group walked up the entrance of the establishment. As they each walked inside, Shujinkou's subconsciously remained behind and turned around to find Yuri standing a few feet away from him.

"What wrong, Yuri?" he asked as he approached her.

"Nothing, it's just... Well..." the young maiden pointed above the entrance of the resort.

The young man followed the direction of her pointer finger and was filled with surprise to find several paper lanterns fluttering in the wind.

"I didn't expect her to hang some of them there..." Shujinkou mumbled, scratching his right cheek.

"Ufu, I'm not that surprised. It was a gift from her grandson and you did put in a lot of work in making them," Yuri pointed out.

"I guess... But you put in just as much work, you know," Shujinkou replied.

"Ah... That's right... A really fun day... Even though I ruined it at the end...

"Huh? Are you talking about when you suddenly left?"

"Ah!?" Yuri's face grew bright red, realizing she said too much. "Yes! That's what I was talking about! I'm sorry for leaving so early! I know you said it wasn't a big deal, but I guess it's just a personal regret of mine. There's no need to worry about it."

Shujinkou silently scratched his right cheek. His quiet and ever inquisitive gaze was almost too much for her to bear.

"P-Perhaps we should catch up with the others before they begin to wonder where we disappeared too," Yuri timidly suggested.

"Hm? Ah, right," Shujinkou agreed.

The two wasted no time walking into the resort and joining the others at the back of a large crowd of visitors.