Beside the point

What happens when the clock is turned back and events are viewed from another perspective? You would get the third perspective chapter. But that's beside the point of this chapter.

"Ugh..." Jomei slowly opened his eyes as he let out a moan. He hasn't felt this physically and mentally disturbed since- "Hisa..."

His eyes shot open, finally allowing him to catch a glimpse of his former mother-in-law.

"Finally awake, eh?" Hisa replied before calmly taking a sip from her tea cup.

Jomei rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to remember what happened before he blacked out.

"I arrived travelled here and saw Shujinkou with even more female friends until..." Jomei silently stared at Hisa. It was a gaze that any other person may be intimidated by. "You knocked me out with a pressure point again, huh?"

"Yep," Hisa casually answered. "Sorry for the sudden kidnapping but Shujinkou was really close to confirming your presence."

"You knocked me out in front of your resort..."

"Fainting/Knocking someone out... Oh, who am I kidding? I made an exception for you."

"I can tell..." Jomei muttered, still rubbing his neck."

"So..." Hisa placed her tea cup in center the table between them and crossed her arms. "What brings you around these parts, Jomei?"

"Let me get straight to the point... I need to your photo album."

Hisa's eyes lit up with curiosity and surprise.

"Why?" she asked.

"Let's just say that I found an interesting task to take up and I need some photograp-,"

"So my photos would be lucrative to you?" Hisa interjected.

"Yes," Jomei replied.

"Huh. Then no. A very vindictive no."

"...Fine," Jomei sighed. "Had to ask."

"That's kind of a bold thing to do, Jomei, especially considering that the last time I saw you I warned you not to hurt my grandson and you did just that," Hisa pointed out, slight annoyance leaking through her calm demeanor.

"Which must have made it cathartic to knock me out."

"Very. But like I said before, I really did it so Shujinkou couldn't confirm your presence."

"Okay..." Jomei slowly leaned back in his chair. "Just get it over with. I know you want to verbally tear me to shreds."

Hisa silently stared at Jomei and sighed, "I do, but what's the point? It would be like ranting to a brick wall and I've already done that before. I mean what do you want me to say? You're a terrible person? You lack empathy? I don't care about that. Everyone's their own person and sometimes you have to accept that. But what I do care about is how much of an influence you have on others.

I honestly don't know whether you think about that or not. You probably think about it in plain terms but you still probably don't think about how much. Take Shujinkou for example; you're well aware that you've hurt him. But did you know that your sudden departure helped push him into a state where he just flat out gave up on living his life which had a heavy effect on his relationships, my daughter had to deal with a failed marriage and forced herself to put her own feelings aside to make sure her son didn't do anything extreme and Sayori lost someone she cared for deeply and had to go through a rough part of life alone.

You see, there was no 'they'll get over it and move on' like I assume you thought. Your actions have essentially taken years of their lives and you couldn't even have the decency to explain why you left. So..."