Two Meta Part 3

That very same morning, Shujinkou finished packing his bag and strapped it in his back. Even though it's been hours since he's learned it, the young man mind was still stuck on the massive revelation he discovered the night before.

There are alternate realities out there. It's unbelievable. I know it's everywhere in shows and books and everything but for it to actually be real...

I wonder if there's a alternate me out there. I wonder what he'd be like. Maybe there's an me that's a secret agent or maybe there's a me that's in a fantasy world.

What if there's a world where fictional characters are real.

That question even more questions to his curious mind. The idea of some of his favorite fictional heroes being real excited his inner child.

In no time, that excitement was substituted with surprise and confusion once he heard the door bell. HE quickly walked down downstairs and opened the front door.

"Hi, Shujinkou."

In front of him was Monika smiling and waving at him.

"Hey, Monika," he replied. "What are you doing here?"

The girl before him simply giggled. "I think you're forgetting 'Prime'."

"Oh! You're the other...! I mean..."

"You can just call me Monika since the other me isn't here right now."

Shujinkou scratched his right cheek. He was sure he was going to somehow mess up and confuse the two sometime soon. But that wasn't the only thing on his mind.

He actually found it ironic. The burning question in his head was triggered by her clothing, the same indicator that she was different from the Monika he knew when they first met.

"Hey, Monika..."

"Yeah?"

"How come you're wearing our school uniform?"

Monika glanced at her current outfit, similar to how she did it yesterday.

"Well, actually it's mine; the one I came here with. It's a good thing they're the same here. But to answer your question, I asked the other me if I could go to school in her place today."

"Huh? Monika's letting you pull the twin switch thing?"

"Mm-hmm. The difference being that someone's trying to do something school related other than get out of school."

Monika giggled as she recalled how she convinced her other self to let her go to school in her place.

Not too long ago...

"You want to go to school in my place?" Surprise was evident by the tone of Monika's voice as she repeated her double's question.

"Mm-hmm," Monika Prime nodded her head. "I want to see how different your school is from mine."

"I don't know. Isn't that impersonation through a twin switch? Those usually don't end so well."

"True, but you're forgetting something, Monika: twins are two separate people who just happen to look the same. We're literally the same person with different origins but are still very similar. I'm pretty sure I could pull off being you for a day."

"It still seems deceitful. I would be lying to everyone for the day."

"Please, other me. I'm not trying to take your place, I'm just curious."

Monika bit her lip as she tried to weigh the pros and cons of the situation. On the one hand, her other self wouldn't be stuck in her house all day, especially considering that she's currently stuck here.