Alone in a Boy's Room II

"This sucks..." Natsuki groaned.

Normally at the end of the school day, Natsuki and the other Literature Club girls would meet in their clubroom and participate in whatever activity was thought of. Today though, every afterschool activity has been cancelled on account of a chemical experiment gone wrong.

"It can't be helped, Natsuki. These things happen," Monika said in an attempt to console the petite club member.

But those words fell upon deaf ears as Natsuki sighed.

Soon, Shujinkou arrived; Surprise being the only thing he felt the moment he noticed Natsuki slumped against the entrance of the school.

"Shujinkou!" Sayori waved."Where you've been?"

"I kind went looking for Rei to make sure she got out of the school okay," the late club member replied.

"Well, I guess it's kind of obvious that we can't have our club meeting today, so I guess that means that everyone but Sayori can go home," Monika announced.

"Everyone but Sayori?" Shujinkou could imagine a giant blue question mark forming over his head as he pondered what he just heard.

"Monika and I have some club stuff to do and we decided to do it at her house since we can't do it here," Sayori explained.

"Oh," Shujinkou scratched his right cheek as he watched the two wave goodbye and leave.

"Well..." Yuri slightly fidgets as she glanced at Shujinkou. "I guess I'll take my leave too. See you two tomorrow."

"Right. See ya," Shujinkou nodded his head and watched Yuri leave. "Guess I'll leave too. I wonder what I should do with the extra time I have today."

Shujinkou began his trek home, pondering what he could do with his free time.

"I really don't want to go home yet."

Those few words were enough to cause Shujinkou's entire body to freeze in place. It was quiet, but just audible enough for him to hear it. He curiously turned around and was baffled to discover that Natsuki's disappointed face had changed into one of sorrow. His mind was then barraged with memories of the afternoon they spent together in the clubroom despite the fact the meeting was closed that day. He always wondered why she still went and still does to this day. Perhaps it was...

"H-Hey, Natsuki," Shujinkou nervously scratched his right cheek as he approached the his fellow club member. "Do you want to hang out at my house for a while?"

The petite student immediately looked up and shot him a look that only made the situation even more awkward for Shujinkou.

"What are you asking all of a sudden?" she asked, her voice layered with skepticism.

"It just that you seem disappointed that the club's been cancelled today and since you let me read your manga all the time, I thought it would only be fair if I let you read mine since you can't get to yours," Shujinkou sheepishly explained.

Natsuki looked away and silently stared into the distance, the serious expression she wore on her face prompting him to wonder if he shouldn't have made the suggestion.

"Fine," she finally said. "But only because the club is only cancelled."

"Well, I don't want you to feel like you have to come if you don't want to," Shujinkou replied.

"I-I'm not saying that I don't want to. I'm just making it clear that-"

Shujinkou's innocent and curious gaze disrupted Natsuki's train of thought.