Over His Head

"I'm so getting fired for this..."

A depressed sigh punctuated that sentiment as he started to text Nakité. Due to recent events, he had yet to find the time to do what he was hired for nor did he believe that he would be able to properly do so if he did.

That alone made him feel guilty, but that particular guilt was accentuated by the fact that he couldn't particularly state why he was unavailable.

All he could do the last few days was give brief apologies and like the others, fear gripped his heart when he sent the text.

Naturally the waiting for a response was just as or even worse than the composition of the message. He just knew the-

Huh?

Not too long after the sent message, he received a response.

It was a simple okay with a smiley face attached to it.

Nakité's really understanding.

He figured that she would naturally start showing some annoyance at this point but that hasn't happened yet. Even more surprising, she had yet to question of why he was truly unavailable.

I got to find some time to help Nakité. Though that's easier said than done right now...

Another sigh slipped through his lips. It was becoming increasingly hard to wrap his head around recent events.

"Still, I made a promise, so I got to figure something out..." he thought aloud.

Shujinkou crossed his arms and closed his eyes, taking advantage of his current solitude to try and think of a solution.

"I have no idea..." he weakly chuckled. "Maybe it'd be best if I focused on one thing at a time."

Shujinkou's eyes were then drawn to the front entrance of the school. He was still waiting for a certain someone to walk through them.

Maybe I should go check on her. Then again she did suddenly run off without really explaining why... Plus I was asked to wait, so this may not be a checking on moment.

Like everything lately, deciding what to do was a struggle. But he would soon discover that he wouldn't have long to do so as the front doors of the school soon opened.

"Claudette?"

Sashaying through the entrance was Monika's older cousin, Claudette. Just like the day he met her, she was wearing a school uniform.

Wonder if she'd really get in trouble for that, especially after school.

Their eyes soon met, prompting a smile to cross her face as she approached him.

"Hey, Mr. Popular," she greeted.

"Mr. Popular?"

Shujinkou anxiously scratched his right cheek. The clear interest Claudette displayed towards him long with such a nickname was a little intimidating.

"You don't to be so nervous around me, Shujinkou. I'm not a scary person," she assured him.

"Sorry. To be honest, I'm still a bit... well I'm something after our last talk."

Shujinkou could recall his mind going white during their first meeting. Though he wasn't greeted with a kiss on the cheek like the others, the greeting he did receive felt like more intimate.

"Yeah, I guess I may have come on a little too strong," Claudette conceded. "I was just a little excited to meet you after hearing so much about you."