A Different Morning Experience

"Right here."

Hiro pushed open one of the 2nd floor doors to reveal a simple room containing a bed, television, drawers and a nightstand.

"I hope it's to your liking," Hiro continued.

"It's nice," Natsuki assured her. "Thank you."

Hiro tried her hand at scratching her right cheek as she watched Natsuki drop her backpack on the bed.

"Well... If you need anything, just let me know."

"Okay..."

Hiro took her leave, meeting eyes with her son as she walked to her room. The moment she closed the door behind her, Shujinkou stepped into the guest room.

"Shujinkou..."

"No questions," he interjected. "I was just wondering if you had your clothes for school tomorrow."

"Yeah. I make sure to leave a pair outside just in case," Natsuki explained.

Shujinkou awkwardly scratched his right cheek. His natural curiosity and worry demanded that he question the circumstances regarding her need for a place to sleep, but he wanted to respect her desire to stay quiet more.

He felt he owed her that since she did the same for him after the afternoon he spent with his father.

"Welp..."

Natsuki suddenly turned around. No longer did she bear the sorrowful eyes she had when he found her at his doorstep, but ones brimming with curiosity.

"Hey... What was with you riding home in a limo?" she asked.

"Oh that? I kinda got a job today."

"What kind of job?"

"Tutoring someone in drawing and helping them make clothes."

"And that person happens to have a limo?"

"Yep."

Natsuki's eyes narrowed, prompting him to wonder if he should have explained what happened later.

"Glad someone had something good happen to them," she sighed.

Natsuki then looked into Shujinkou's eyes. He thought she was about to say something, but she instead quickly turned away.

"Look, I'm tired, so..."

"I get it," Shujinkou accepted. "Good night, Natsuki."

"'night."

Once she heard the door shut, Natsuki climbed into bed and closed her eyes.

...

Natsuki opened her eyes; the first things they were drawn to were the tiny stains littering the pillow her head rested on.

She then rubbed her eyes, solemnly wiping the tears from them.

"Ugh..."

Natsuki stumbled out of bed and walked out of the guest room. An enticing smell graced her nose the once she was in the hallway and she followed it all the way to the kitchen.

There she found a table filled with an assortment of waffles, pancakes and bacon.

There's gotta be every single waffle/pancake ever made here!"

Natsuki could only look on, bewildered by the spread.

"Morning, Natsuki," Hiro greeted.

Seeing the smile on Hiro's face brought a sense of tranquility to her.