Beginning

The Moon, a large spherical object that traversed the infinite reaches of space alongside the much larger planet known as Earth. A long time ago, humanity viewed the lunar object that appeared once the sun dove beneath the horizon, but now, humanity views their old home from such a spot.

No one really remembers what events could have transpired to have force what remained of Earth's inhabitants to abandon it for the moon, but at the same time no seemed to care. Everyone was content with the life they have built; everyone except for one young man. His name was Shujinkou, whose goal in life was to uncover the secrets of the past.

"Oh man..."

Shujinkou heaved a sigh of disappointment as he strolled through Luna City. Despite his best attempts, he could not help but feel disappointed by his recent progress. He knew he should be proud he made any progress at all, especially after figuring out that the lunar government was adverse to anyone discovering the event that led to Earth's abandonment. But ever since then he had no luck in finding any more information.

Perhaps they were on to him and actively searched for any leaks or perhaps those that did know felt the same. Perhaps everyone but him wanted to truly forget humanity's time on Earth.

But just as he was about to give up, a slim file folder slid in front of his feet. His natural curiosity spurring him on, Shujinkou bent down on one knee, picked the file up and opened it.

His eyes widened with surprise as his eyes darted up and down the pages he was just given. Inside was everything he was looking for. All he had to do was...

"Ow!"

A sharp pain surged from the back of his head to the rest of his body, causing the world around him to distort and crumble. Trying to make sense of what was happening; Shujinkou blinked his eyes until he was no longer on a lunar colony, but in a classroom.

Standing in front of the desk he currently occupied was Sayori and Monika, both looking as surprised as he was.

"What's going on?" Shujinkou asked.

Suddenly, a hand slammed a rolled-up poster in front of him with such force he almost jumped up from his seat. Shujinkou nervously looked up to find Natsuki standing right next to him. She did not even bother to hide her disapproval of his recent action.

"You know, if all you're going to do is sleep every day then you might as well go home," she scowled.

Words failed Shujinkou as he watched Natsuki return to the classroom closet. But even if they hadn't, he didn't believe that he would have said anything back to her anyway. He knew deep down that she had a right to be mad that all he was doing was daydreaming during a club meeting. All he could manage to do was do what he had always done: awkwardly scratch his right cheek and move on.

"I bet you were up all night again," Sayori playfully chastised.

He didn't know how, but her bubbly and playful nature almost always had a tendency to cheer him up.

"Like you're one to talk when it comes to sleep," Shujinkou chuckled. "Besides I wasn't asleep. I was just thinking."

"I never seen a person so detached from reality like you when they're thinking," Monkia giggled. "We couldn't get any kind of response out of you until Natsuki got involved."

Most people would laugh at someone getting hit in the head with a rolled-up poster, but Monika's made it clear that it wasn't malicious at all. It was expected from the person everyone in the school likes and admires.

"Did you need me for something?" Shujinkou asked.

"It's not an emergency or anything. I was just telling everyone that they should bring in their favorite books to share tomorrow," Monika informed him.