4

⚠️Trigger warning: Mention of self-harm⚠️

"So.. we finally have to part ways huh.."

Minho and Seungmin were now standing in front of the campus main gate wishing each other good luck for their future.

"Hyung don't worry I-"

Before Seungmin could finish what he was saying, a loud thud could be heard from somewhere nearby.

Seungmin flinched at the sudden loud noise and without knowing his body immediately leaned towards Minho's.

His hands softly tucked on the older's jacket reflexively.

Minho looked down at Seungmin's hands lightly grabbing his jacket. A small smile appeared on his face at the scared puppy.

He reached out his hand and softly ruffled the blonde locks.

"Aigoo~ is Seungminnie afraid of loud noises?" He cooed at the younger.

Seungmin blushed and immediately retrieved his hands from Minho's jacket."I- sorry, hyung." He mumbled slightly.

"It's alright," Minho said while softly smiling at the younger.

"Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"Minho hyung, I'm not sure how to describe this but within this few months we've known each other, you've become a really important part of my life. You Are someone very precious to me and I don't ever want to lose that."

Seungmin's strong gaze was perching through Minho as he would describe it.

He could tell the younger was getting serious. Minho gave a small smile at the younger's words.

Simple words filled with undeniable emotions have always moved his heart and he just couldn't help but feel a little feeling of euphoria in his heavy dump chest.

"I want you to wait for me, Minho hyung." Seungmin continued, "I promise I'll study really hard to get into the Business Administration faculty of your university. I've decided I'll find you again, hyung and that's a promise."

Seungmin smiled as he said the last part. Minho was kinda taken aback by Seungmin's determination.

The overflowing feeling of passion and goal were clearly visible in the younger male's eyes. Minho couldn't ignore that.

Really? You would do that for me? For me?

"I'll wait for you, Seungmin."

Minho gave the brightest smile Seungmin had ever seen on the older which made the younger smile even wider.

We'll be together again.

I promise.

...

With a joyous melody playing inside Minho's head and thoughts of the puppy like male, Minho made his way into the place he called home.

He was in a very good mood after a long time. To be fair, he couldn't even remember the last time he felt genuine happiness in his heart.

The words of the younger were playing inside his head again and again like the melody of a favorite song you'd put on every day.

These feelings of happiness.. where have you been all this time?

"Oh, Minho honey, you're back!"