36

"No, but I will. Someday I will."

Chan hummed and squeezed Minho's knee in a comforting way. "I asked Felix about it but he just wouldn't open his mouth. Even Changbin swore that he couldn't get any information out about him from Felix."

Of course it wasn't going anywhere. Since the last time Minho saw him a year ago, none of his plans been going straight. All of his investigation getting to a dead end.

As much as the evidence proved him being betrayed, a part of him just never believed anything.

He remained a mystery to him.

Han Jisung.

"Thanks, Chan. I'll take things from here."

"Anytime, mate."

Minho then stood up, dusting his pants a little. "I'll head home now."

He was about to leave when a sudden thought popped in his head. "Oh also! Seungmin is sleeping in the guest room. Let him sleep for a while more."

Chan nodded, saying that it wasn't a problem.

And they bid goodbyes for the day, promising to keep in touch.

Driving past the city, Minho approached his mansion-like home. Before getting in the car, he had checked his phone once to check the mails and the text from his mother had instantly caught his attention. "Come home before 10 am, son. We'll be having guests."

Sighing, he kept on driving till he got home, an uneasy feeling settled at the back of his head. When he entered the house, the clock was displaying approximately 9:30 am. "I'm home."

Mrs Lee appeared as soon as she heard her son enter the house. "Morning, Minho! Did you enjoy?" She sweetly asked while escorting her son to the living room.

Minho followed her without hesitation, letting out a small "Yeah" in between. 

"Did you eat? I actually prepared a special breakfast for everyone and wanted you to eat with us and the guests." they were now sitting beside each other on the couch, Minho's right hand being softly held by the older woman. 

"I haven't," Minho replied. "Who are coming and where's dad?"

"Your dad is in his study room, probably preparing some paperworks for later today."

"Mom." Minho spoke in a stern tone to grab his mother's attention. "I asked who the guests are."

The unsettling feeling of something bad coming just wasn't leaving his guts and it was really bothering him at that point.

Mrs Lee smiled, a smile that almost confused Minho, a small smile that held both hope and grimace. 

"Minjae is coming with her daughter. We'll be fixing a date for your and Nori's engagement today." It pained Minho more to realize that his eyes had actually widened at his mother's words, to realize that his heart still held onto some sort of hope of never facing this day.

"On your engagement, we'll be announcing you as one of the directors of Lee Corporations too." It pained Minho to realize he was stuck in a hellhole.

Was there really no escape?

An expensive black car, its exterior shining at the bright sun outside, could be seen entering the Lee mansion. Soon it parked in front of the front door of the house for two stunningly beautiful ladies to step out of the vehicle, entering the house right after with big glistening smiles. 

Minho stood by the big window frame in his room, hands lazily resting inside the jacket pockets.

He sighed, knowing very well he'd have to go downstairs now to greet the guests that had just entered. His unwelcomed guests.