67

It was borderline torture, the time Minho spent in his prison-like coma. Void of any sort of human activity, he had been alive for more than 2 years.

He felt people around, heard them talk to him, cry for him. But his muscles wouldn't move on his instructions anymore.

His eyelids didn't flatter open no matter how many time he felt like doing so.

So the time when he finally felt his eyes register colour that wasn't black for the first time in two years, the ordinary world became much more than ordinary.

Minho's limbs were still immobile due to fatigue, but he could at least see now, move around his head to take in the view around him.

His hazy mind took its time to process the place. He saw himself lying in a single bed, wires of different kind attached to his body.

The light in the room felt too bright on his sore eyes.

"M-Minho hyung..?"

That familiar voice; the same one he had heard from time to time while being unconscious.

His head tilted towards his right instinctively to look for its owner, eventually facing the shocked male standing in the entrance.

"Han..nie-" his voice sounded so hoarse and hush that for a second he couldn't believe it was his own.

The mentioned younger couldn't hold back his tears anymore as he ran towards Minho and carefully sat himself beside the lying male.

"You're awake! Minho hyung, you're.. you're really awake. I'm not dreaming right?"

Minho shook his head a little, smiling at the excitement of the other.

Jisung quickly wiped the tears on his cheeks before checking on Minho's condition for a while.

Everything appeared normal. Minho was slowly going through recovery and all he needed now was plenty of rest.

And that's exactly what they did. Jisung barely left the older's side since he regained consciousness and nursed him to recovery.

In a few days, Minho was able to move freely again. He could now sit up, talk more clearly and even help himself to toilet on his own.

"Minho is recovering very fast. I think it's safe to discharge him now but you have to keep a close eye on him." The senior doctor, Dr. Kim Namjoon, who had been working on Minho's case since the start said.

Jisung nodded immediately. "I'll be staying with him for a few weeks till he's completely fine, don't worry Dr. Kim."

Namjoon stopped writing on his notepad before handing Jisung a note, medicines for Minho prescribed in it.

"It's been a hard case and to be honest Jisung, even I felt like giving up on Minho at some point." The older sighed. "But the determination I saw in your eyes, the love you carry for that kid made me believe again that miracles happen. Congratulations, it was nice working with you."

Jisung stared at the extended hand of the older for a while before shaking it.

His heart was at ease now. The past two years had been, undoubtedly, hard. Everyone knew yet no one actually felt the way he did.

He could now finally sleep at night without the fear of hearing Minho's condition deteriorating with another day arising.

"Thank you, Dr. Kim.. for not giving up on Minho hyung.. and me."

...

"I'm scared, Jisung.."