70

"Now that you've reunited with your parents, how about visiting your friends?"

Jisung was hopeful, although he realized that he was probably being too pushy right now. He didn't intend on forcing Minho to do anything he didn't feel like.

But it's been a week since Minho got discharged and Jisung couldn't help wanting to help him get used to his previous lifestyle again.

"I'm not sure, Jisung." Minho was deep in thoughts.

He was considering meeting his friends again but that familiar feeling of fear was still crippling his heart.

Jisung moved on the bench he was sitting on to face Minho with his body, who had been sitting on his wheelchair beside the younger.

It was one of those refreshing walks they go to every now and then.

"I told you before hyung, your friends love you a lot and they are very eager to see you. If you want, I can take you to see them. I just happen to have the perfect occasion for that."

That got Minho curious. "And what might that be?"

A chilly wind blew past the two males sitting in the fairly empty park. Summer times were Jisung's favourite to take walks on.

Jisung grinned. "Remember I told you how me and Seungmin are close now. He and Hyunjin have recently moved in their new house and they're throwing a housewarming party tomorrow. We are invited."

"We?" Minho's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sure you're the one that's invited, Ji. Why would Seungmin wanna see me again?"

Jisung sighed dramatically. "Stupid hyung, how many times do I have to tell you that Seungmin doesn't hate you. Neither does Hyunjin. After your consciousness returned, they've been constantly keeping updates on you. Seungmin asked me to tell you that he really wishes to meet you."

Minho had heard Jisung trying to convince him to go visit his friends for a while now. Although he knew the younger wouldn't be lying, Minho still couldn't fully accept those words.

Was it even possible to be forgiven for the things he had done?

He was scared to face those eyes of people he had disappointed, people that expected better from him.

He still felt like a disappointment just as much as he used to do.

"Who else will be there? I don't think I can handle being in a crowded place right now."

Jisung's face lit up seeing Minho considering the idea. "Don't worry it's just going to be a few friends. All your close ones, you have nothing to worry about."

Minho sighed. Although his cowarded heart still refused to face the inevitable, the hopeful glint in Jisung's eyes made him want to think otherwise. After all, that guy had gone to such extents for the older that doing this little thing to see him happy felt worth it.

"Okay," Minho breathed out, much to Jisung's joy. "We will go tomorrow."

"Yay!!" Jisung threw himself onto the older in delight, letting the feeling of accomplishment surge through his body. "You're the best, hyung!"

Minho smiled brightly, letting his hand pat the soft lock of hair leaning on him.

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as his subconscious mind made it out to be.

...

"Are you kidding me? Where's the box of cookies I especially bought for this occasion!? I swear I'm gonna commit a crime!"