57

Spending the day at Chan's had turned out to be one of the best decisions Minho had made in a while. They baked together later on, setting up a picnic-like vibe in their backward. 

Minho also made snacks for everyone. All in all the day went pretty good and around 8 pm, Minho decided it was time to go home.

"Hyung, you should visit us more. It was really fun today. We can ho hiking together next time."

Minho could only smile at the bubbly Jeongin. He wished he could agree and promise the younger for a nice trip next time they met.

But how could he when he knew..

That there was no next time.

"He will, Innie. You should go inside now." They were all standing in the front porch. "I'll walk Minho to his car."

"Okie I'll leave you two alone then. Bye, Minho hyung!"

With that, Jeongin closed the door after going inside, leaving the two best friends to themselves.

"My car is literally right there-" Minho started, pointing towards his car a few feet away. "You should get inside too."

Chan shook his head.

"Minho, we've been friends for forever. I can tell there's something bothering you. Why don't you tell me about that?"

Chan's voice was stern yet his tone had a layer of sincerity and care meddled with it.

Minho's heart ached at the familiarity of that question.

How long had it been since the last time he opened up to his best friend?

The older had always been the only person in the world that he allowed to show the raw Minho to.

Yet this time, the raw Minho was way too vulgar for show.

He couldn't tell Chan about the mountain of guilt, hatred and thousands of emotions he couldn't decipher in his heart.

"I'm oka-"

"Don't give me that crap, Minho." Chan cut him off before he had the chance to refuse. "Your tired eyes are giving it away. Are you really okay?"

Minho sighed, realizing it was no use lying to the older. He'd get caught.

"Hyung, I.." he decided he could let some of it out. "Do you think someone can be forgiven even if they've hurt you in immense ways?"

Chan paused for a while to think.

"It depends on the person forgiving. If they can't heal from their wounds, you can't expect them to forgive. The person in the wrong is always the one in the wrong."

"You're right.."

"But I also think that everyone should get a chance to be forgiven, no matter how long it takes."

"Right.." a small smile appeared on Minho's face this time.

"So what's this about?" Chan crossed his arms as he asked.

"I need a favour." Minho continued seeing Chan nod. "Give me Hyunjin's number. I need to talk to him before I.."

Chan raised his brows waiting for the younger to continue.

"Before I break up with Seungmin."

Chan's eyes immediately widened as he heard what came out of the younger's mouth.

"What!? Why, Minho? Are things not going well between you two?"

"It's not that.. Seungmin loves me very much, hyung and every day it's growing. I'm scared."