60

There is this thing your mind does, no matter what your action is, it tries to justify it in every way.

Minho wanted to feel good about stepping on another stone towards his destination, but all he felt was uneasiness despite a small smile lingering on his face.

He calmly sat inside his car after leaving Hyunjin in the cafe and drove towards his boyfriend's apartment.

It took a while as Hyunjin lived in another city.

He had already informed Seungmin that he'd have dinner there at his place. The guilty feeling ate up more when the younger responded with an excited tone that he'd be waiting.

Minho wasn't thinking at all throughout the whole ride, not letting a single thought slip into the emptiness of his mind.

"You're here," Seungmin said as soon as he opened the door for his boyfriend before quickly embracing him.

He felt the arms of Minho wrap around his waist, deepening the embrace.

"Let's get inside."

Grabbing his arm, Seungmin brought the older inside his apartment and locked the door.

"I have left the meat for marinating already. We can cook together." Seungmin kept on talking as he moved around the house happily.

It was only evening so he thought it'd be nice to prepare together with the older.

"You know what happened at office today?" He started talking again, stirring two mugs of coffee. "That bitch who was jealous of my promotion last week tried to embarrass me in front of investors in a meeting. But guess what? I fired back with logics and he was the one left embarrassed huh-"

After the coffees were done, he brought them to where Minho was silently sitting.

"Thank you," the older finally responded quietly.

Seungmin took a sit beside him, sensing an odd aura from his boyfriend.

He couldn't help but notice how the older's shoulders were slouched, eyes a bit shaky and he was awfully quiet.

Something inside Seungmin screamed discomfort at the condition of him.

"Hyung, are you okay?" He put a hand on Minho's shoulder, lightly running his thumb on it.

Minho took a sip of his coffee before letting a big sigh escape his mouth.

"You make nice coffees. I'm gonna miss it.." he mumbled the last part but Seungmin still heard it.

"What do you mean? Hyung, please look at me." Seungmin's voice was shaky, an underlying fear clearly present in it.

Minho did, and Seungmin didn't like the look on his face at all.

He looked exhausted, even more than the previous times when he appeared broken which Seungmin thought really wasn't possible.

They kept staring into each other's eyes, one trying to find answers and another providing it.

"You've always been honest with me, Seungmin. I still remember how you confessed your feelings to me.." After a while of demeaning silence, Minho finally spoke up. "But hyung is sorry for never doing the same. For the last time I want to be honest with you. Do you want to hear my true confession?"

Seungmin was confused and scared. The words coming out of the older's mouth felt heavy, his tone sounding as if he was in a trance.

Nevertheless, he nodded hesitantly.

He saw Minho smile a little before a small sigh left his mouth.

"I don't love you, Seungmin. All this time I've only been pretending, exploiting you and your feelings for my own selfishness. I'm sorry."