54

Seungmin's POV

He was standing right in front of me, one of his hands extended to hand me plates, the hand that was covered in white gauges.

For a split second, I could notice how his wounded hand shaked slightly at the weight of the cutlery.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND!?"

The chair I was sitting on made a screeching sound as I abruptly stood up, pushing it back further.

"Wha- oh." Minho hyung was surprised at my sudden outburst before his eyes followed mine to lay on his own hand.

He slowly put the plate down before showing his hand to me.

"It's a little burn I got a while ago. Nothing serious."

"What do you mean nothing serious?" Moving around the table, I was now standing right beside him. "Did you apply ointment properly? Why didn't you call me? How did this even happen?"

I was lightly holding the bandaged hand in mine, patting the whites with my thumb, when I heard Minho hyung laugh out loud.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked confused.

"You're bombarding me with questions." He laughed a bit before continuing. "To answer them, yes, I did treat it properly. I didn't call you because you were in the shower. And well I got.. kinda lost in thoughts I guess."

He shrugged after finishing.

I furrowed my eyebrows. It was strange for Minho hyung to burn himself because I had always seen him extra focused while cooking.

I guess he's just a human too.

"Now come on. Let's start eating. The food is getting cold."

"Mmh" I nodded before going back to sit down where I was previously sat.

Minho hyung also sat down and we finally started eating.

"Woah hyung, your steak is seriously the best in the world." I complimented him with a mouthful of food. It was an undeniable fact at that point.

"Thank you," he threw a small smile at me before going back to eating.

My eyes lingered on the figure in front of me for a few more minutes.

To be honest, the aura of Minho hyung had actually changed so drastically I wasn't sure if I was daydreaming at that point.

It was as if the Minho I knew before he left for the USA and the Minho hyung that came back were completely different people, at the same time still the same sweet guy.

Anyone could see the heavy eyebags under his eyes if they put a little focus, his smiles were always cut short, the laughs resonating from him felt almost painful.

What made me wonder more was despite his clear state of mental discomfort, he never failed to convey good feelings towards me, not even for a second.

I didn't know where he stored so much love, but I was glad it was me, I was the one sitting in front of him right now.

All of that love was mine.

Mine only.

The thought alone made me feel giddy.

"Hyung?"

"Mmh?" He looked from almost finishing his food.

"What are you gonna do about your marriage? You're not planning on having an affair with me, are you?" I laughed at the end of it.