46

Seungmin waited in his living room, all dressed up in formal attire. He looked back and forth between the front door and the clock stuck on the wall ahead of him.

It had been 45 minutes since he texted with his boyfriend and he was supposed to be here 25 minutes ago.

Time clicked by but there was no sign of the older whatsoever.

Seungmin was about to get up and leave as he was getting late for the interview when the bell finally rang.

Minho flashed a small smile as he was greeted by Seungmin in a flash, a clear sign of relief painted on the younger's face.

"I'm sorry for being late. Can I still make up for it?"

Minho used his best pleading voice, accompanied by a pair of playful eyes. Seungmin couldn't help laughing out loud at that.

"Yeah yeah, hyung. Now let's hurry cuz I'm already late for my interview!"

After locking the front door, Seungmin held Minho's hand and ran outside to reach the older's parked car.

A wave of warmth spread across Minho's chest at the sight of him being pulled by the younger.

This is what I always wanted...

When they reached the car, Minho calmly started the car after assuring Seungmin that they were not going to get late. "I really hope I get the job, hyung. I need a stable job and start helping out my family already."

"Don't be hard on yourself, Seungmin. You're young and there are gonna be tons of opportunities coming for you. Take it slow. Planning your life out is the most important thing in this career."

The car drove past the busy streets of Seoul. Seungmin nodded at the older's words. He slowly glanced beside him, Minho calmly driving just like before, and he swore he could see the other's face growing paler every time he saw him.

Eyebags were prominent under his tired eyes. 

"How long are you gonna stare?" 

A light blush coated Seungmin's cheeks realizing he had just been caught staring at Minho. He could practically hear the smirk in the older's voice. Must've been very amusing for him huh!

"Umm," he coughed. "Hyung, did you eat anything? It seemed like you came right after waking up."

"Yep, I did. What about you?"

"Yes, I did before you came."  

Lies. So many lies.

Minho did get out of his house right after talking to the younger. He should've felt hungry right now, to the point where he could devour anything, but he didn't feel a thing.

Not an ounch of hunger. 

And on the other hand, Seungmin seemed to be a good liar as well.

After about 20 minutes, they reached the corporate building of Seungmin's interview.

"I hope you do well in the interview, Seungmin." Minho shot an encouraging smile towards the other.

"I will. Thank you, hyung." He was about to enter the building when he retrieved his steps and looked back towards the older again. "Oh and you're staying, right? I'll be done in an hour here. We can grab lunch together."

"I'm sorry, Seungmin but I gotta go. I got some urgent business to attend to. So I can't stay."

Seungmin's eyebrows furrowed.

"What kind of business? I thought you had a day off today?"

"Office work-" the answer came out sooner than Minho had had imagined. "They um need me in an emergency. I'll text you later. Bye, Seungmo and good luck again."