51

Everyone stood up at the entrance of Lee Minho in the meeting room, except for the two people sitting across each other at the front of the large table.

One of them was Minho's father, another one being someone Minho would've never imagined meeting in such a setting.

Both of them stood up from their seats to greet the young Lee as he walked over to the front, his eyes widening the closer he got to Mr Han.

"Meet this gentleman son, this is Han Younghoon. Younghoon, this is my son Minho." Minho's father introduced the two.

"Nice to finally meet you, Lee Minho."

And there hanged an extended hand towards the shocked male staring right into the oddly smiling eyes of Han Younghoon.

Han Younghoon, more specifically, Han Jisung's father.

Someone Minho had met not too long ago, in the funeral of said person's son.

"Uncle- you? You're friends with dad? W-Wait what-"

Minho's eyes wandered between the two elder men in confusion. How was this possible?

If Jisung's father had been the CEO of Han Enterprises all along, then how could he not know? Why would Jisung keep it a secret to him in the first place?

There were so many questions roaming Minho's head that simply didn't make any sense.

And he needed the answers.

"I think we should start discussing what we are here for." It was Mr Han who broke the awkward tension first as he sat back down.

Minho's dad came closer to him, putting his hand on his son's shoulder with a bit much force to pull him back into reality.

"We need to solve this, son. Do anything but don't anger that man." He whispered before sitting back down as well.

What is this? A mafia meeting or something?

There was this unusual waver in Minho's dad's voice that made him gulp unintentionally. This wasn't how he was supposed to sound.

Clearing his throat, Minho finally focused on what was in hand and started the meeting.

Hopefully to look for a solution as well as answers to some unattended questions.

...

"What you proposed there just now was actually quite impressive. For once your brain actually worked."

Jihoon commented as he was entering his office after the 2 hours long meeting, followed closely by his son.

Earlier in the meeting, it was revealed that whatever deal Mr Han and Mr Lee had going on was somehow not working anymore. And so the best thing Minho could propose based on his poor knowledge about everything was renewing the deal. He also took responsibility for the company's loss and promised compensation for it.

"Unlike you who was dumb enough to spy on their friend company and betray them."

"Watch your mouth, kid-"

Jihoon's glare was equally balanced with the glare Minho threw at him almost immediately.

"Well, am I wrong?"

It was clear that he was right. Jihoon was the one in wrong here, defending him in that meeting was enough damage to Minho's principles already.