53

Minho's POV

I saw as the city lights started brightening the dark night, roads were decorated in a festive mode.

It was festive season after all, 31st night on top of that. The city was glowing in elegance and happiness seemed to be embroidered on people's faces.

Once in a while, bliss looked very beautiful in common people's eyes.

I didn't have the luck to be labelled ordinary though. Oddity was a part of my whole life.

A life that seemed more of a puppet show than anything.

It started snowing lightly by the time I left Jisung's apartment in the outskirts of the city to drive towards Seungmin's apartment.

To me, the darker the night went, the closer the new year approached, the heavier my heart felt.

This heart of mine has been weighing a ton for a while now. I wasn't sure anymore how long it would last.

So many emotions clouded the atmosphere that it became unbearable for me to focus on the roads.

Therefore, I turned on the radio before the sweet melody of an unfamiliar song filled the dump air in my driving car.

🎶Boy you got me hooked onto something
Who could say that they saw us coming?
Tell me
Do you feel the love?

Spend the summer of a lifetime with me
Lemme take you to the place of your dreams
Tell me
Do you feel the love?🎶

I hummed unconsciously as the chorus played the second time. It was a type of melody that was easy to follow and got hooked into your brain until you start singing it subconsciously.

I reached the apartment complex of Seungmin's house after another 15 minutes drive. It was past 8 already.

As soon as I rang the doorbell, I could hear footsteps nearing from the other side of the door.

In a matter of seconds, a panting Seungmin opened the door for me to enter, a bright smile decorating his already adorable expression.

"Hyung, you're her-" as if remembering suddenly about something, the younger coughed to subside the excited tone and replaced it with a forced pout. "Why are you so late? I won't talk to you."

I saw as Seungmin moved away from the door, completely avoiding me, and headed towards the kitchen.

It was cute.

I followed close behind and as I entered the kitchen, a smell of freshly baked cake hit my nostrils.

Surely there laid a heart-shaped cake on the kitchen counter, light smoke blowing from it indicating it had just been taken out of the microwave.

"Aw looks like the cake is ready." I tried to build up a conversation to get rid of the pout on the other's face that seemed to have settled on his lips permanently.

"No it's not!" Seungmin chimed in. "I still need to decorate it and I haven't even started on the steak for dinner yet."

Seungmin seemed stressed.

Nope. Can't let him get frustrated over such trivial matters on a joyous day like today.

"Ah I see. So much work left, hmm?" Sneakily making my way behind Seungmin, I put my hands around his waist to embrace him in a gentle back hug.

Seungmin must've been caught off guard as he flinched at the sudden contact but soon enough, melted in my embrace, leaning backwards to get more comfortable.