59

"Don't make things harder than it already is."

A laughter filled with sarcasm and madness left Minho's throat at his father's words.

"If you think you can go away today without telling me about everything, you're so wrong, dad."

There was a strange mad look in his eyes, a gaze so piercing that it even made Jihoon tense up.

"What more is there to know?"

"I know Nori is Jisung's cousin. What's the real purpose of this wedding?"

The older sighed. "Son, you already know too much so I won't hide it from you now."

Minho nodded for him to continue.

"At first, Younghoon proposed to me to join the mafia. Minjae's business was already a part of her brother's gang so to tie our company with theirs, a marriage was proposed too. It was of you and Han Nori."

Slowly taking his steps, Minho saw his father take a seat on the couch.

"Seeing the glory and countless source of money in the mafia world, I couldn't resist my greed and agreed to the proposal."

Jihoon massaged his forehead with his hand before continuing, "It was the biggest mistake of my life. Because willingly I started digging a hole for both you and me."

"You already had everything, dad! Why didn't you back away from this?" Minho was now beyond frustrated.

"I couldn't." A desperate call of cry left the older's mouth. "Younghoon is dangerous. I did realise my mistake after a while, I didn't want to continue with the wedding but he threatened me that he'll harm you if I backed away now."

So it was because of me.. again.

"I'm sorry, son." Jihoon looked up to make eye contact with Minho's still eyes. "It's not in our hands anymore. Just get through with the wedding for the safety of everyone, including yourself."

Minho stood there for a couple more minutes, processing the wave of newly discovered truths that were hidden from him all these years.

In his brain, the conclusion was as clear as daylight. Jisung, his dad and everyone else had been suffering for years because of him.

In order to protect him, these people sacrificed so many years.

Minho sucked in a breath, never allowing the threatening tears in his sockets to fall, before saying,

"Don't worry, dad. I will put an end to this. There won't be anyone suffering any longer."

With that, he strode out of the office room, leaving behind his repentant father gazing at his trail.

...

"Is this Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin replied with a curious "Yes" after picking up a call from an unknown number.

Although the number was unknown to him, the owner of the voice on the other side sounded oddly familiar.

"Who is this?"

"I'm Lee Minho." So that's why it sounded familiar. "Is it okay if we talk for a bit?"

"Um yes but why are you calling me?"

Lee Minho was his senior in university a long time ago, but most importantly, Minho was also Seungmin's boyfriend.

Hyunjin's lover's boyfriend.