47

Could nature show mercy on me too, Sungie?

Feet carried him on the railing of the tall building that happened to be a building he visited every day for work.

Minho's heart wished for the steps to halt and disperse, making him fall into his death.

He looked around him. The night seemed extra serene for some reason.

Everything felt as though they were calling for him to take a wrong step, just simply lean outwards or jump into oblivion.

Minho looked down at the glowing city waiting to hug him. A cold shiver spreaded across his body at the sight.

I.. I can't.

He slowly stepped backwards and let his bottom hit the floor.

Now seated safely, Minho closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm his racing heart.

He was so close to doing it.

But of course he chickened out.

Again.

*Ding*
You have 2 new messages from 'Seungmo'

Minho brought his phone out of his pockets to see the notification. Reluctantly he opened the texts and wrote a reply.

Seungmo
Hyung wyd
You there??

Minho
I'm doing nothing

Seungmo
Ow
I was missing you

Minho was about to type something back when the screen on his phone flashed, indicating an incoming call from Seungmo.

A bit taken aback, Minho hastily picked up the call and put the phone to his ears.

"Hello, hyung! I was really missing you so I called. Hope you don't mind haha."

"Ah no, I don't mind." Minho managed to get the words out.

Staying out in cold for so long and the lump in his throat from the constant urge to cry made his voice understandably shaky.

"Umm is everything okay? Your voice sounds kinda weird."

"Yes, everything's fine." Lately the only thing Minho had been good at was lying it seemed. "It's late. Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"I couldn't sleep. Tell me hyung, did the work go we-"

A gust of wind blew past Minho as Seungmin was talking, making the other side of the line go silent for a few seconds.

"Hyung," he paused again. "Are you outside?"

Shit.

"I- umh. Yeah I'm not home yet."

"Why? It's past midnight. I don't understand why you're still out in the cold."

"I had to finish some work and didn't notice the time flying." Minho tried to sound nonchalant, trying his best to make the lie sound more reasonable.

"Ah, I see. Hyung, you really need to take care of yourself more." A sigh could be heard coming from Seungmin's side. "Where are you right now anyways? Why is it so windy there?"