23

*A few months later*

Minho had adopted to his new lifestyle quite perfectly at this point. He was still very much stressed with everything but at least he didn't have to hear his parents' nagging anymore.

He barely had time for himself though, overworking himself in everything he did but that's how a businessman's life goes.

He had gone to that bar quite often after his first visit, making friends with the cute bartender that served him the first night.

It was a nice place overall and it wasn't so bad considering he had control over himself.

The summer break was in a week and Minho wanted nothing but to just go back to Korea, back to his friends that actually cared for him.

Surprisingly enough, Jisung had texted the older a couple of times too during the past months. He'd mostly ask about the older's well being or if he had taken his meals or not.

The younger didn't stop even when Minho would dryly reply him.

He had to admit though that because of the few times Jisung talked about or reminded him of eating, actually helped him somewhat stabilise his eating schedule.

As for Seungmin, the younger would often call Minho but the older tried his best to ignore his calls with excuses like "I'm kinda busy", "I'm tired" or "I'll eat now".

He didn't want to ruin their friendship but honestly, Minho had accepted his fate.

And he had decided to move on from the younger for good.

For doing that, he needed time away from him. Despite being thousands of miles away from him already, he still had a strong grip on Minho's heart so indeed he needed time out from him to move on.

As the summer break was nearing, Minho had taken it on himself to work for the company extra hours, there not being any school hours.

Drowning himself in work was a simpler way of coping for him. Maybe it was just the beginning of a workaholic future CEO.

...

The summer break came rolling in a blink of an eye. Minho started working his extra hours, taking in as much  experience as he could gather.

He still had to deal with his parents and Nori when he would have to go back to Korea. Having already sorting out a plan, the payment he got from working in his company played a big role.

Minho was saving to fulfil his dreams.

He might come off as naive to his parents but the rough life he had gone through had given him way more realistic knowledge which had now shaped him into someone dependable.

Minho's POV

The scorching heat of summer was making me sweat buckets as I sat in traffic in my black bike.

Who thought there could be this much traffic on a sunday morning? Now I was only waiting to reach the office and cool off under the aircon.

My summer break at the university had started since a few days ago. As promised, now I was spending most of my time in the office.

It was hectic for sure but I knew I had to do everything to get as much benefit as I can get from this company.

The day went away pretty good despite the street ruckus early morning. I was now heading towards the parking lot to park my bike in order to get home as it was already getting dark outside.

Today I didn't plan on going to the usual bar or anywhere else.

Putting on the helmet, I was about to drive off when my phone went off because of a notification. I fished it out of my pocket to see a text message appearing.

Jisung
Are you out of work?

Me
Yeah why

Jisung
I'll call. Please pick up

I furrowed my brows at the younger's text. Why would he suddenly wanna talk?

Before I could answer myself, Jisung's name flashed on my screen, signalling his call coming.

I sighed before deciding to just pick it up.

"Hello?" Jisung's voice filled my ear as I pressed the phone against the side of my face.

"Hey"

"Umh hyung, are you free right now?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"I- well.." I could tell he was hesitating but he had something to say.

"What is it, Jisung?" I tried to use a soft tone to reassure the younger in some way.

"Can you come outside, in front of your office?" He asked hopefully.

"Ah yeah, okay. I was leaving anyways."

"Okk, hyung!" He excitedly exclaimed.

"Why tho-" before I could finish, he hung up.

Not dwelling on it much longer, I started the engine to ride my way out of the parking lot and head towards the main office entrance.

Upon reaching the place, I could make out a figure of a guy standing by the side of the road, hands slammed together in front of his torso in a nervous gesture.

Hold up- no way

I stopped my bike right in front of the guy as he looked up from the ground to meet my eyes.

"Jisung!?" I was shocked. Not even for a second, I considered the younger himself to be here standing even after the awkward phone call just a few minutes prior.

He nervously chuckled. "Hey, hyung."

"What are you doing here?"

He started fiddling with his fingers as he looked to the side. "I well- it's the summer vacation and I thought I could pay a visit to my umh- my aunt that lives in LA! So yeah, ah here I am."

He was stuttering and for some reason, his reasoning didn't sound convincing to me at that moment.

"Okay then why are you in my office?" I asked again.

"I thought I'd pay you a visit." He shot a small smile at me.

I looked away from the younger for a few seconds to look around us, thinking. After a while, I came to a decision.

"Hop on." I gestured with my head for him to sit behind me in my bike.

He started at me for while, blinking, before slowly getting on.

I unbuckled my helmet and took it off, handing it to the younger in the back without giving him a glance. I didn't have any extra helmet on me at the moment so this would do.

"Ah no no, it's okay. You should keep it." Frantically shaking his head, he tried to refuse the offer.

"Just put it on, Jisung." I said sternly, not leaving any space for argument as he gave in finally. "Where are you staying?"

"The hotel at the end of this street-" he paused himself realizing he had just out himself. I smirked.

"I thought you were staying with your aunt?" I asked in a mischievous tone.

"W-Well."

Not giving him any more chance to come up with lies, I started the bike abruptly.

The sudden pull in motion must have caught him off guard as he frantically held onto me tight with a yelp.

"Yah, hyung! Warn me first." He yelled for his voice to be heard in the rush of wind.

"Sorry, sung." I chuckled mindlessly. "Hold on tight. Can't afford you falling off."

And with that, I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my torso and a chin falling gently on my back as I drove through the city.

If anything, it felt more like an exasperated hug than a safety precaution.

A/N

We reached 100 votes yay🥺

Thank you to anyone whose reading the story. I love you<3