13

Still in flashback

Chan
I'm sorry about last night
I wasn't in my right mind and I'm really sorry for trying to force my feelings onto you, Minho
I hope you can forgive me.
I love you, Min and I'm so sorry for that

Minho
Chan, it's okay
I understand your feelings and it's really not your fault
Please don't beat yourself up about this
I'm so sorry I can't return your feelings and for all the times I must've hurt you.
I love you a lot but I hope you understand it's not the same way

Chan
I understand
Let's take a break for a while
I promise I'll try my best to move on and not let this hurt our friendship
I treasure our friendship just as much as you do trust me

Minho
I know Chan

Chan
Give me some time
I'll come back to you when I'm ready to face you again
I hope you understand
And please take care of yourself while I'm not here with you, okay?
Be okay for me and I'll be back in no time

Minho
I understand
Take your time to heal, hyung
I'll be waiting for you
Love you

Chan
Love you too

Present time

Chan was standing in front of Minho's university after almost 5 months of being apart, 5 months of no sort of contact between the two boys who had been by each other's side through thick and thin always since childhood.

If asked about these two living without each other for this long a year ago, it wound sound ridiculous.

But that's how life goes.

What you expect or believe might not be what life has in plan or might not be something unbreakable.

Chan surely hated being away from his best friend that he happened to have feelings for.

Despite that, he had to admit that the time spent in his little bubble that didn't consist the younger was quite needed for him at that moment.

He felt refreshed.

He was brought out of his thoughts as he heard the familiar sweet voice calling out his name, an underlying shock present in the tone.

"Chan..?"

Minho was heading out of his faculty building to go to his bike parked in the parking space nearby.

He was about to reach his bike when the muscular figure of none other than Bang Chan caught his eyes.

Minho's heart panged slightly, seeing his best friend after so long. He gulped in the lump in his throat that occurred immediately as emotions came rushing in.

In all honestly, Minho understood that Chan needed space. Being rejected by someone that you had spent most of your life with, loved and cared for always could bring in great deal of toll on anyone.

If only Minho could help him. He just wanted to help him no matter what way that was. Seeing the older in pain was the last thing he wanted.

But he couldn't escape reality. And he figured the only help he could provide was keeping himself away till Chan was ready to face him again.