68

As the wheels stopped circling and the engine stopped roaring, it felt as if Minho's heart also decided to stop beating.

In front of him, stood the mansion-like house he was more familiar to than anything, a place he grew up in, a place he called home.

Jisung helped Minho get out of the car and get settled in the wheelchair before he pushed the moving chair towards the entrance of the house.

"Are you nervous?"

Minho could only nod, his hands subconsciously gripping on the armrests a bit too hard.

Jisung noticed it as he let his own hand softly graze on the older's clenched ones, making them loosen immediately.

"I know. But you can do it, hyung. The people inside love you more than anyone. Don't worry."

Minho glanced at Jisung's frame that was now tilted towards him to talk to him. "...I love you"

It came out suddenly, but Minho couldn't help it. The words were genuine and he felt a great deal of need to let the younger know about it before they entered the house.

Undoubtedly, the words brought a big beautiful smile on Jisung's face. "I love you too, hyung." He softly let out.

And they finally made their way inside the house with hearts now running slower in pace compared to a few seconds prior.

When the door opened and the familiar scent of lavender hit his nostrils, Minho felt his body visibly relax at the homily feeling. His mother had always loved using lavender as air freshener.

Minho was here.

Minho was home.

While letting the bliss of coming back settle in his heart, Minho didn't realise when Jisung took off silently and was nowhere to be seen, leaving him alone in the empty living room.

When he did notice though, it felt as if a slight fear tugged at his heart strings.

"Jisung..?" He tried calling out the younger's name as lowkey as he could.

Not receiving any response, he was about to call again when another voice interrupted his action.

"Minho.." it was a female voice.

The call of his name was timid, as if it wasn't intended in the first place, deeply laced with disbelief, grief, bliss and..

Love.

It didn't take seconds for Minho to realize who the voice belonged to and it made his eyes widen, heart swelling in some sort of pain.

He was about to look around when he felt a pair of arms wrap around him from behind, leaving a long prolonged kiss on top of his head.

As much as Minho feared meeting his parents, Minho's mother couldn't bring herself to look into her son's eyes either.

She had blamed herself for days and nights, spent sleepless nights crying for her son's recovery.

If only.. if only she was careful enough, showed her son more love and not burden him with so many things, maybe Minho would be sound and healthy.

With such a guilt filled heart, she could only hug her son's sitting figure from behind, letting her tears soak his fluffy set of brown hair.

"Mom.." it came out as a choked sob when Minho tried to call his mother.

His hands now clasped the skinny hands of his mother that embraced him. The fear from earlier faded away as right now the only longing his heart felt was to see the women in front of his eyes.