65

1 week later

Wind blew on the white curtains, making them float like feathers connected to the wall. Sunlight peeped through them to fall onto the lying person in the room.

Someone who lost the ability to breathe freely, an oxygen mask doing the job for him. Several wires connected to his body, he looked dead even while being alive.

A click could be heard before the door nob twisted and a man in white apron entered the room.

He checked the equipments, did some checkup on the patient. It was his daily job now. After finishing everything, he took a sit beside the unconscious person.

"Please wake up.. hyung."

Tears threatened to spill as Jisung gently caressed Minho's cheeks.

After that night's accident, Minho was brought to the hospital as soon as possible by Jisung and Chan. But he had already lost too much blood.

Doctors in charge almost lost hopes for his survival when miraclly his heart started showing signs of life.

They performed needed surgeries and the good news was that they didn't lose Minho.

Despite that being a huge relief, what came next was not to be taken lightly either.

Minho entered a stage 3 coma and no one could assure if he would ever make it out or not. Both the cerebral hemispheres of his brain were severely damaged, it was more likely that it was a matter of time before he had to say goodbye for real.

After Minho's condition deteriorated, Jisung made him transfer to the high maintenance hospital he worked in and got the best doctors there to treat him.

As a junior doctor, he made sure to be involved in the case as much as possible. He had been taking care of the older since.

The news of Minho's suicide attempt spreaded quickly, his parents rushing to the hospital next morning of the accident.

Jisung still remembered the horrified look on Mrs Lee's face and the way she refused to leave her son's side no matter what.

Her wails still echoed in his ears.

"Why hyung? I don't understand you.. When you wake up, I'll curse at you for making us go through this. T-Then we'll make up again and.. and we can live happily. Please.." Jisung held Minho's hand in his. "Please just wake up."

There was a knock on the door that made Jisung quickly wipe his tears.

He looked back to see two familiar faces enter the room.

"Ji.." one of them mumbled.

Jisung didn't waste any time before running towards the male and hugging him tightly. Tears came automatically while hugging his best friend he hadn't seen in years.

"Hushh.. everything's going to be okay." Felix patted the other's head.

Changbin came forward and caressed the crying male's back. "You need to be strong, Jisung."

Jisung stopped crying after a while and looked properly at his old friends. After his fake death, he wasn't able to contact any of them.

To everyone, he was dead.

"How is Minho hyung doing?" Felix asked, glancing at the unconscious male on the hospital bed.

"He's in a coma. We're waiting for any sort of movement from him." Jisung said, wiping the last stray tears.

They stayed there for a while more before going outside to talk more comfortably in the hospital garden.

"How.. did you know?" Jisung asked.