20

Minho watched as Seungmin walked back inside the dormitory, away from his sight. He wanted to run after him, his heart telling him to stop the younger now or he'd lose him forever.

Stupid! Stop him, you coward!

Stop him before you lose sight of him.

But in the play of life, Minho wasn't courageous enough. If anything, he was too giving.

Hyunjin had played his part well whereas Minho had remained hidden in his own bubble. He came here today to confess his feelings but there wasn't any path left for him anymore.

That's it. The younger deserved his heart's desire to be fulfilled.

A sad smile was plastered on his face as he just stood there at the same spot, in the middle of the street. He was alone and that's what his fate was.

I hope you find happiness, Seungmin. That's all I wish for.

His strong stance slowly collapsed as he started walking back towards his house.

His legs moved on their own, clouded mind taking him anywhere but home. At some point, he noticed he was standing at the nearest park.

Minho's legs gave up as he crashed his body on the grassy ground of the calm park, finally light sobs escaping his lips.

He was kneeling on the ground, hands clasped in fists as he let the stinging tears fall to the ground.

"It hurts!!" He screamed his thoughts out. The aching feeling in his heart was getting so uncomfortable, yet feeling it for the second time in his life, he was not used to it, he could never be.

It's all my fault. If only I was courageous enough, if only I took him on more dates, showered him in love, gave him the world he deserves maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have left me.

Minho hiccuped in between sobs, the intense amount of crying making his breathing become harder.

He tried getting rid off the tears, aggressively wiping his face with his hoodie sleeves, telling himself that he didn't deserve to cry over something he hadn't tried hard enough for. But nothing seemed to have worked.

So instead he gave up yet again.

And let the endless stream of tears and painful screams escape his body, along with the last bit of energy left in him.

"Hyung?"

A tender voice cut through the silent night, joining in with the unincorporatable noises leaving his mouth.

Minho looked up, not bothering to clean his tear stained face this time, to see the younger male standing in front of him with a concerned look on his face.

"Hyung, are you okay?" The younger's movements were soft, nothing rush despite the shock of seeing the older in the middle of nowhere in a state like this.

He crouched down to the devastated male's level and slowly approached his face to take it in his soft hand.

Minho sniffled as he stared at Jisung, unconsciously leaning into the touch of the younger on his face.

Jisung gently caressed his cheeks with his thumb. The older looked so fragile right now he was afraid he might shatter at the slightest push.

And he had never seen Minho like that before. Not even when 2 years ago, he brutally hurt the older and left him all alone.

Is this what Chan hyung talked about, the you that you hide behind the strong facade, Min hyung?

Jisung had various thoughts roaming his head but didn't voice them out, instead he focused on the older in front of him.

After gathering himself a bit, Minho gently held Jisung's wrist to push it away from his face. "I'm okay." He softly mumbled.

He frantically stood up from the ground before wiping off all the stray tears on his face, leaving no trace of helplessness behind.

That's who he was. He wasn't used to showing his weakness to anyone other than Chan.

Jisung also stood up from his crouching position. He noticed how the older shielded himself with an invisible wall in a minute, contradicting his state prior. He frowned but didn't push it.

"What are you doing here, Jisung? It's almost 4 am."

Jisung couldn't help smiling at the older's concern laced tone despite himself being in such a horrible state.

He wanted to know so badly what made the older hurt like that but he couldn't.

"I just came out for a walk. I was studying till late and thought a break could help."

"O-Oh. It's late though, it could be dangerous."

Jisung lightly laughed. "Hyung, you're out late too."

"That doesn't matter. Let's go get you home now." Saying that, Minho started walking out of the park as if everything had been normal with a puzzled quokka quickly following to catch up to him.

They were now walking down the streets under the dimly lighted streetlights towards Jisung's house.

The walk was silent as none of them knew if it was even appropriate to start a conversation at this point.

Shrugging the feeling off, Jisung started, "Hyung, did something happen?"

"Yes, but it's none of your business." The older came out colder than he intended to.

"Oh, s-sorry."

After about 5 minutes, they reached the front of the younger's house. "Get home safe, hyung. See you."

Jisung was about to head inside when Minho started speaking again.

"You won't see me, Jisung." Jisung looked back at him with a confused face. "I'll be going abroad soon."

Jisung stood there processing the information. He won't be able to see Minho anymore?

All this time he at least got to look out for the older in secret, watch him go about his daily life from afar. He was the reason he had gotten into this university in the first place.

"Thank you for being there for me today, Jisung. Bye." Minho shot a small smile towards the younger before walking off from the place.

Jisung stood there still.

Not having taken the news too well.