5

Bang Chan's POV (Still in flashback)

I made my way towards Minho's house after finishing off early in my studio. It had been a while we could meet up and I could tell the boy had so much to spill.

His saddened tone when I rejected the offer to visit him today because of work made my heart ache a little. I was the only support the guy had in his life after all.

When I reached the Lee household, I could already see Minho's room from the front gate. The curtains were drawn as always.

But what confused me a little was that there was no light peeping through the white curtains, signaling that the lights in the room were still turned off.

"That's weird.. he's supposed to be home by now," I thought as I checked the time on my watch again. 11:00 pm. "Maybe he's really not feeling that well huh.."

I sighed thinking about a distressed Minho confining himself within the four walls of his room and made my way towards the huge tree beside the house that led straight to Minho's bedroom.

It had been a ritual for the both of us since we were kids.

As Minho's parents would never let him go out other than for school or tuitions, I would often sneak into his room climbing the strong tree and he would often sneak out of his house late at night too.

I started climbing the tree, smiling a little thinking about Minho's surprised expression I'd see when I entered his room.

The smile quickly faded away though as soon as I landed successfully on Minho's small balcony and faint sound of sobs could be heard from inside.

My heart clenched at the familiar painful sound. Without wasting a minute I rushed inside the room, luckily the sliding door wasn't locked.

Upon entering, I had to take my time to adjust to the darkness inside first. The air was stiff and I could feel the weight of something I was yet to discover. The faint sound of sobbing subsided and stopped as I stepped closer.

"Minho..? You okay mate?"

I called out but he didn't answer. I could see him sitting down on the floor beside his bed.

The silhouette of Minho wasn't moving anymore neither was it answering my calls. This got me really worried so without wasting anymore time I went straight for the switches to turn on the lights first.

The first thing I saw upon opening my eyes at the blinding brightness was Minho's body slumped against the bed frame.

His eyes were shut and he looked extremely pale. I ran to him immediately and started shaking him.

"Minho! What's wrong! Wh-what is Happening!!" I shook him but he wasn't responding at all. I looked around panicking and that's when I noticed the empty bottle of sleeping pills lying idly on the floor beside. "Don't tell me...."

It didn't take a genius to understand what must've gone through in the room.

I quickly patted Minho's cheek to check if he was completely unconscious or not. His skin was getting dangerously pale. I knew I didn't have much time when I realized his breathing was getting unstable more and more with each second passing.

"Minho! Please.. Min- stay awake, Min!" I kept on patting his flushed cheeks to keep him awake and immediately stood up to carry him to the bathroom.

Quickly taking a few deep breaths myself to calm down my crying, I put a hand under his legs and the other behind his back and carried him to the bathroom.

I positioned him in front of the toilet and shoved my fingers inside his mouth. He started gagging and sobbing again.

The scene unfolding in front of me was too much for my poor heart, I couldn't help sobbing out loud with him. I kept on gagging Minho until he started throwing up everything left in his stomach.

He was sobbing hard and it was really painful to watch as I could tell the whole process was very much painful for Minho himself.

I helped him throw up a few more times and finally it seemed like there was nothing left in his stomach. 

Third person's POV 

At that point, both Chan and Minho were a crying mess sitting by each other on the cold bathroom floor.

Chan quickly wrapped his arms around his best friend pulling him into his embrace  as Minho's weak body leaned towards the comfort.

They cried for a while in each other's embrace when Minho finally spoke up, "Why channie.. why did- why did you.. come. I.. don't want to.. live channie." His voice was hoarse and cutting off occasionally from all the crying.

"Shush.. it's alright, Minho. Everything's gonna be alright I promise.. don't leave me, Min-" Chan's voice also broke as he barely gulped in the huge lump in his throat.

Still he kept on whispering sweet nothings to Minho to calm him down. After a while, Minho's sobs finally subsided as he started breathing normally again.

Chan carefully picked him up again and went towards the bed to lay him down.   

"Channie.. I don't want to live anymore. No one wants me.. I'm a burden, Channie. Why did you have to save me? Don't you see how selfish I am?" Minho whispered, crying softly as he was layed down on his comfortable bed.

Chan pulled the blanket over the slightly shaking Minho and tucked him in comfortably. He then sat down beside Minho, gently holding his hand in his to provide him any sense of protection he could.

"You're not a burden, Minho. You know how much I love you, right? All your friends love you. And I am always here for you. I am nothing without you, Min. Please don't leave me.. please." Chan softly patted the sick boy's head, suppressing all his want of crying at that moment.

He had to stay strong for Minho. He had to pull the guy in the right track of life again. So he had to stay strong although the sight of his loved one desperately wanting to die was breaking his heart into million pieces.

That night Chan stayed with Minho.

Minho fell asleep shortly afterwards the hectic chaos due to lose of fatigue. Chan layed beside him keeping a close eye on him in case Minho woke up and needed something.

He was also worried if it was a good idea to not get Minho to the hospital. In the end, he decided to think about that tomorrow and tried to fall asleep himself too.