21

When Minho finally decided to return home, it was already the next morning. He had originally left the house the previous night to clear his head off of things that'd been happening in his house.

And maybe open up to the puppy-like younger.

Maybe confess to the puppy-like younger.

But life never went his way. What was he even left with? The family that brought him to this planet, raised him, gave him love and shelter, also the family that mentally abused him, one that he had grown attached to no matter how hurt he got. That's all he had.

Minho didn't have a place to go to no matter how much his heart desired to just run away.

Every time he thought he had finally found his safe place, destiny would brutally take it away from him.

And so, with the finals that had ended just a day prior, his hopeful days of a better future had ended there too.

Minho's parents were sitting in the dining area, taking their breakfast. As Minho walked in with a drained look and body so weak that it could collapse any moment, he made direct eye contact with both of his parents.

"Minho! Where were you last night!?" His mother's voice had more venom than worry.

"Mom dad," Minho took deep breath before continuing. "I accept all your proposals."

Mr and Mrs Lee grinned in success.

...

"Min, call me often and please take care of yourself there. If you ever need Anything, just call me, yeah?" The Australian kept on rambling about the dos and don'ts to his childhood best friend as they stood in front of the airport.

It was the next day now and the Lee's had arranged everything prior already so leaving was not a hassle at all.

What the real pain was looking around his beloved city as the car drove to the airport, where Chan was already waiting for him.

Minho had told Chan about everything the previous day after returning home. They were both devastated to be apart again.

Minho's parents didn't come to the airport to see him off, just merely bidding their goodbyes in breakfast table.

And as Chan was the only person that knew about the news, he had obviously come to see his best friend off. Who knew when they'd meet again?

"The flight to LA will be departing shortly. Passengers are requested to board."

"That's my cue to leave." Minho gave a small smile to the frowning older in front of him.

Chan bit his lip as he tried to stop the tears from falling. Seeing his state, Minho engulfed him in a tight hug which the older returned more tightly.

Minho bit his lip to stop the tears gathering in his eyes from falling. He knew this was farewell and there wasn't gonna be anyone there for him anymore. He had to be strong.

For himself.

He couldn't be dependent on others any longer.

So Minho didn't cry. He didn't cry when he waved the last time at his best friend who was still a crying mess. He didn't cry when he settled down on his seat.

He didn't cry when the nostalgia hit him when the plane took off. He didn't cry when the plane landed on a place he had no intention of being in.

He didn't cry ever.

Minho's POV

Reaching LA, the first visit I made was to our newly opened company branch which was quite far from the apartment dad rented for me.