44

*A few hours ago*

Loud cheers erupted from the large convention hall, gazes of many wealthy and reputed personnel were centred on the two figures standing on the little podium.

"And now time for the most important event of today's gathering," the host from the side spoke in his mic.

"Lee Minho, please put the engagement ring on Han Nori."

Minho looked around the room. Having all expectant eyes on him while being under the spotlight made him anxious.

Among the people in the crowd, he could spot the cold gaze of his father. Beside him was the encouraging gaze of his mother who didn't forget to mouth a little 'fighting' as their eyes met.

In any situation, he would've felt very encouraged but right now, it all made his stomach churn in an unpleasant feeling.

And finally he looked beside him.

There stood Han Nori, his supposed future wife, flashing the most enchanting smile she could master.

Minho felt like running away.

But he couldn't.

Without showing the lingering hesitation in his body language, he eventually took the ring placed right beside them and put it on Nori's ring finger.

The once silent room got filled with claps and cheers as the women in front of him imitated his actions, putting a ring on his finger.

"Let's give a big round of applause for the now engaged fiances, Lee Minho and Han Nori."

Fiances.. 

Right. He had known and accepted his fate for awhile now. Then why? Why does his name being attached to someone else with the word fiance hurt his heart so much?

No no.. Calm down, Minho. DO NOT show it on our face. Smile.. just smile.

The night went on for a while with the announcement of Minho taking over the Lee Corporations and the collaboration of two of the thriving business farms of the country.

The fake gloss, bliss and the laughter of accomplishment weighed Minho down.

He just wanted to get out of there.

The official announcements were done and now slowly the guests were going in for dinner, some still lingering in their unfinished conversations.

Finding a good corner in the room, Minho decided to take a break from the fake persona he had been showcasing the whole evening.

He fished out his phone from his pockets and turned it on.

The first thing he noticed was a bunch of messages popping up from  Seungmin. He was about to check them when another ding caught his eyes.

It was a text that had just been sent to him.

From one of his employees back in LA branch.

That's strange.. they haven't contacted me since the last sighting of Jisung in Busan.

He quickly opened the text, his heart racing at the sudden thought of getting any news of the younger male.

But only to be shattered into millions of pieces.

San
Hyung
There was a report of a car crush in Busan this morning. Read the attached file for details about it.
*file attached*
The victim was a 22 years old medical student from Busan Medical College and the description of his face matches the profile of Han Jisung
I still don't have legitimate proof of his death yet but I'll update you as soon as I get more info
Let's hope it's not him