35

"I think I'm going to break up with Hyunjin."

Saying Minho was shocked would be an understatement. Seungmin's love life had always seemed to be picture perfect, maybe some occasional fights here and there but that's what kept it healthy.

At least that's what Minho assumed.

"Why do you think so?" He asked carefully, not wanting to rush the younger.

"I'm tired of everything, hyung. I'm tired of all the fights we have, all the insecurities creeping me out that he'll leave me. I'm tired of being so scared."

Seungmin's voice was just above a whisper, as if he had been in a trance and talking to himself. "Last time we fought I told him to show it to my face where I went wrong and today-"

He paused, more like the words got stuck in his throat.

"Today?" Minho whispered back, wanting his presence to be known by the other.

"Today I think I got my answer," He chuckled bitterly. "I saw him fuckin making out with that other guy.."

Minho could tell how the younger's heart broke into pieces, if there still were anything left that is, along with a sob that broke out.

Minho immediately pulled Seungmin in his embrace, letting the small guy cry his heart out. His painful screams were piercing through Minho's heart, yet he knew there was nothing he could do to lessen the other's pain.

Seungmin's pain was immaculate. Minho understood that very well. He felt the wetness hit his cheeks as he softly caressed the younger's head, holding him tight.

The night went on with two boys sharing the littlest of comfort with each other, just crying.

...

When Minho opened his eyes again, the sun was just peeking through the clouds that surrounded it. The morning birds chirped away as he lightly rubbed his tired eyes.

He carefully fished out his phone from his jacket pocket to check the time.

5:30 am

He sighed heavily, realizing how the last time he checked the time it was 4:45 am. He hadn't slept the whole time he'd been sitting there, the only exception being the last 45 minutes.

Minho looked to his side to see Seungmin still leaning his head against his shoulder, his hands firmly wrapped around Minho's arm.

The guy had fallen asleep after crying for God knows how many hours. Minho didn't have the heart to wake him up neither did he have anything else planned.

So they stayed like that, huddled against each other to escape from the bitter cold outside, the whole night.

As the morning started to be more prominent, Minho decided it was time they got inside. Carefully, he put his free hand under the younger's knees, using his other hand to hold him against his own chest.

Minho picked him up carefully and slowly made his way inside the house. This being his best friend's house, he knew each and every corner.

Without wasting much time, he brought Seungmin to the guest room, hoping no one was already occupying it.

Luckily the guest room was empty. Minho placed the younger male in his arms on the soft mattress of the bed. Carefully he placed a blanket on him, tucking him in so gently as if the guy was as fragile as feathers.

Rest up, Seungminnie.

He lightly caressed the younger's head before quietly leaving the room, not forgetting to leave a little note on the nightstand.

"Hey there, lightweight"

Chan moved around from cleaning the living room that's been thrashed in last night's party to see Minho smiling down at him, standing a few feet away.

"Omg, Minho!" He went straight towards his best friend, wrapping him in a big hug.

Minho chuckled loudly at the older's actions. "I can't breathe, hyung!"

"Bro bear with it! How long have I not seen you? You have no right to complain," he swayed their bodies to the sides. "Also I'm not a lightweight, you fucker."

They both laughed out loud before Minho started giving a hand in Chan's work.

It didn't take long before the living room looked moderately clean so the two of them decided to just stop here for now, throwing their bodies on the couch.

"How come you didn't tell me you're coming back?"

Minho bit his lips to relax before speaking, "I wanted to surprise yall."

It had always been hard to lie to Chan, and Minho hated it. The older being there for him his whole life, listening to his troubles had made it a habit to just pour out everything to him.

But Minho couldn't, he didn't want to burden his best friend any longer now that they were working adults.

It wasn't even true that he wanted to surprise them. Minho himself had no idea he'd be returning the day before. He remembered how all on a sudden he got called back to Korea by his father with no further explanation.

"Hmm that's great cuz I couldn't have been surprised any better." Chan smiled at the younger. "I'm glad you're back home, buddy."

And Minho smiled back, wishing the smile could be as genuine as the other's.

"How are you doing? How's the studio going?"

Chan's eyes lit up at the mention of work. "Everything's going great! Changbin and I have been getting more works from famous celebrities. Our songs are reaching many people too."

They talked on about life and work for a while before Minho brought up something abrupt.

"How are things with that kid you were into? What's his name.. Jogin? Joein?"

"It's Joengin." Chan let out a sigh. "We're on a break actually. He's been busy with internships and I've been too loaded with work. We just thought it'd be good to take a break to focus on the things that are more important for our future."

Minho listened carefully. It had been a while he talked to his best friend like this. "I understand what you mean," he hummed. "But Chan, while securing future, don't just let go of the important things in present. You might lose them even before that future you've been working for comes."

Chan sighed again. "You're right. I think I'll talk to him about it. I don't like being away from Innie either. I just couldn't bear seeing him put so much effort in both the relationship and work. I could tell he was getting tired."

Minho could see the genuineness in Chan's eyes, the love that portrayed beautifully in the older's eyes for Jeongin.

He reached out and patted the older's back, whispering how everything's gonna be alright eventually. "You just gotta be a little alert."

Chan nodded.

"By the way, did you find anything about him?"

Minho's expression fell. It didn't need any further detail for him to know who exactly the older was talking about.

"No. But I will, Chan. Someday I will."