42

Excruciating headache and nausea accompanied by a feeling of the world around one spinning was something foreign to Minho.

After all, Minho was someone who barely got drunk let alone experience hangovers often.

So it took him quite a while to get himself up and reach the bathroom attached to Chan's guest room.

He didn't question how he got there in the first place, figuring he could just ask Chan after he's done showering. It was Chan's house he was in after all.

He felt at ease to be here.

As he came out of the bathroom after taking a long refreshing shower, he felt way better than how horrible he felt after waking up.

He checked his phone for the time and apparently it was 9 in the morning.

Hmm not too late.. I can still catch office.

After tidying his work clothes, he finally got out of the room and headed towards the living room where he found Chan already awake, reading some newspaper.

"You know you look like an uncle right now."

Chan looked up from his newspaper to see his best friend approach him.

"Yah! Not to be mean, bestie, but you don't look any better yourself."

Minho snorted before sitting down beside Chan on the couch.

"Wait, I'll make you some coffee-"

"Don't bother." He replied calmly, gesturing the older to sit back down. "How did I come here?"

Chan gave out a dramatic sigh before starting to tell the story. "Oh God, dude, you were such a mess! Why did you go to drink alone that late!?"

The scolding tone in his voice wasn't something new. Being the older one between the two best friends and for his dad-like personality, Chan would usually nag at Minho.

Taking care of him equally as much.

"I- well.." Minho tried to look for the best words to excuse himself out of the situation. "I just felt like drinking. Work's been stressful."

He wished for the topic to end right there.

"How did you find me though?" This time Minho asked, completely dozing the suspicious gaze of the other male.

Chan didn't push him. "I got a text from you in the middle of the night saying to pick you up. The address was there too. Now that I think about it, how did you manage to write so perfectly? You were legit drunk outta your mind when I got there."

The new found information made Minho's eyebrows frown.

I don't remember writing any text..

"Ah I see.." he tried not to show the confusion in his face. "I d-don't quite remember things from last night. By the way Chan, was there anyone else with me when you came?"

Chan shook his head.

There was this vogue image set inside his brain that Minho just couldn't pinpoint. A blurry vision of a guy beside him at the bar, talking to him. But he couldn't remember what the stranger looked like or what he sounded like.

It was like a mystery he knew he couldn't solve.

*Hong*

The sudden honking of a car outside the house brought Minho back to reality.

"My ride is here. See ya, buddy." He stood up to leave his friend's house.

"Minho, shouldn't you rest? Are you even over your hangover yet?" Chan stood up as well.