64

⚠️ (prepare tissues)

Listen to the song above while reading this chapter~

Sneaking in your old high-school, at midnight, with the love of your life beside you sounds nothing but fascinating.

And it truly felt that way too.

Jisung couldn't have been happier to explore the places with Minho where they had some sweet moments in the past.

The bench under a big tree where they used to sit on, the classroom where they did a project together, the hallway where they saw each other for the first time, the alleyways where they made out and so on.

And of course they couldn't leave out the best place of them all; the rooftop.

It was their secret hideout, a place where they met up after bunking classes.

Jisung still remembered that one time Minho decorated a tent there to take him on a date.

So many fond memories flooded his brain as the two of them stood there at the entrance to the roof of the six-storied school building.

"Hyung, thank you for bringing me here." Jisung said as he stepped inside. "It really feels so good to recollect memories."

Minho didn't say anything, only observing the younger move around the place lightly jumping at places and laughing like a child.

The view was going to be the best in his memories.

Stars filled the whole sky, a full moon night on top. Under that amazing sky moved around Minho's own little star, Han Jisung.

He walked forward, stopping when he reached the younger and taking both of his hands in his.

"Jisung.."

The younger looked at him with expectant eyes, wanting him to continue.

To Minho, this Jisung was really nothing different than the high-school Jisung he once fell in love with.

He was still so in love with him.

Which made everything all the more difficult.

"This is the place where we had our best time together. Words can't express how happy I am to be back here with you. It feels as though we're still those little high-schoolers madly in love."

Jisung smiled and nodded, gripping the older's hands tighter.

"But fate did take away a lot of time from us. So much happened, yet look at us, we still made it so far."

Tears were gathering in Minho's eyes.

"I'm proud of us, Jisung. You told me you could take any hit if it meant your loved one's happiness, right? Guess we truly are alike because Sungie.."

"I would do the same for you too."

Without another word, Minho pulled the younger by his neck into a kiss, wrapping his other arm around Jisung's torso.

Jisung melted into the kiss. No other thought than the older existed in his head. All he could feel was the older's touches, his lips dancing with his own.

The kiss deepened in no time, Minho channelling all his emotions through this one kiss. The previously gathered tears finally escaped his eyes, running down to moist his cheeks.

It's time to say goodbye.

Minho broke the kiss for a few seconds to say his next words. "I can't live with myself anymore after putting everyone through so much.." he breathed in once more. "I'm sorry, Jisung."

So endured into affection, Jisung didn't get enough time to process the older's words and was totally taken aback when Minho pushed him suddenly, making him fall on his back on the floor.

Before he could react, to his horror, Jisung saw as Minho ran towards the boundary, going further and further away from him.

Minho's figure climbed on the open edge in a swift motion and he saw as the older looked back to stare into his eyes and mouth the words "I love you" with a smile.

Before leaning back.

And falling to his demise.

"MINHO!!"

The last few seconds went by in a flash, everything happened so quickly that by the time he understood what happened, Minho wasn't there anymore.

Jisung ran towards the edge, staring down to only be presented with the view of his Minho, lying on the grassy surface of the ground below, grass that was now covered in his own blood.

"No.. nonono.. this- isn't real. This can't be real.."

Jisung didn't know how to react anymore. He pulled at his hair, trying to wake up from whatever nightmare he was in right now.

"He won't do that.. to me. Minho.. no.. Minho! MINHO COME BACK."

His screams were darker than any night could ever be, tears flowing out of him like a river stream.

"Jisung!"

For a second, he thought the nightmare was over, his Minho had come back to him but his hopes crushed as soon as he looked back and saw Chan standing there instead.

"W-What happened?" The older asked as he crouched down beside him.

"Minho- hyung .." Jisung hiccuped, struggling to get his words out.

"Minho what? He suddenly texted me to come to the rooftop of our high-school, saying that something bad would happen to you.. and I needed to protect you. Are you okay?"

Jisung shook his head, holding onto the older with both of his hands. "HE JUMPED OFF OF THE ROOF!"

Chan's worried expression replaced into a horrified one as he ran towards the edge and saw the immobile body of his best friend lying on the ground.

Before he could say anything, he felt Jisung shake him again. "Please hyung, we need to save him.. he can't leave us like that!"

Jisung's cries brought Chan back to reality. "R-Right! Come we need to get him to the hospital!"

They ran down the stairs and towards the place where Minho's body laid. Chan picked up the limp body of his best friend as they hurried to his car.

And he wished wholeheartedly for the cold that was radiating from the immobile body to be his mere imagination.