11

Hyunjin's POV

I can't believe him.

After Seungmin and I parted ways for the touring programme, I couldn't see him all day.

Trying not to think about my best friend, I had a pretty good time with my group though. There was this student named Jeongin who seemed to be an year younger than all of us.

Turned out he skipped a year in high school to get into university quicker than his batch, who knows why.

Still imagine the vastness of this boy's knowledge to have dropped an year and attend university with seniors. Can't relate.

Although both of us were severely different in terms of studies, (I mean I barely got my ass in here in this department, even I don't know how I did it) we clicked pretty quickly.

Something about the timid little guy just made me attracted to him.

We spent the day mostly together with our group in touring the campus and at the end of it, we both parted ways content, collecting each other's socials and such.

"I'll be heading home then, hyung. See you tomorrow." The younger gave an energetic smile.

"Yep. Bye! I'll be waiting for my friend here so that we can get to our dorms together." I smiled back.

"Okay. Bye bye!" He cutely waved before making his way out of my sight.

As soon as Jeongin left, I fished out my phone from my Jean's pocket to text Seungmin where he was.

10 minutes.

30 minutes.

45 minutes.

It had been an hour since I'd been standing there near the dorm building where we were supposed to meet up immediately after the touring programme.

My stomach growled as I hadn't had my lunch yet, thinking I'd get it with Seungmin. I had sent him several texts but none of them were seen nor were my calls responded.

Did you forget about me again, Seungmin?

As the clock ticked away, I could feel tears gather at the corner of my eyes. Tears of frustration and the feeling of abandonment filling me up in a whole.

I straightened my neck and looked up to make the tears disappear as the feeling of hurt spreaded through my chest.

It isn't that deep, then why am I hurting so much thinking about you forgetting me, Seungminnie?

I waited for another hour sitting on the sidewalk of the street in front of our dorm building, waiting for my best friend to show up.

As I was scrolling through Instagram, a new post appeared on my screen.

It was Seungmin's post.

But who was the guy on the photo?

There was a certain pang in my heart as I read the caption and the comments of the guy tagged in the photo. Before I could get more emotional, I quickly clicked on the person's account and hit the follow button.

Lee Minho, huh?

I was commenting under Seungmin's post as I caught two figures approaching this way in my peripheral vision.

I looked up to see my best friend standing there, smiling and exchanging farewell with a guy a bit shorter than him.

It was him. Lee Minho. I could tell.