32

Lee Minho,

Me coming to LA to see you in the first place was kind of a big surprise in itself, right? But I thought you being so precious to me, deserved a surprise further astonishing than a mere surprise visit.

At this point, you must've heard the news of you going bankrupt. Omo what a shame! On the contrary though, now I can be rich and happy!

You love me, right Minho? Then you should be happy that your little Jisung is gonna be enjoying life to his fullest, with Your money.

How foolish of you to believe the person that had left you in a ditch in such a short time! You really are a useless fool. Anyone can deceive you.

Well, good that you are. It was too easy to collect your fingerprints when you were sleeping like a dummy hehe

Oh also, don't waste your time trying to get back the money. I have my ways of not getting caught.

Enjoy your life in your father's company, Minho. Goodbye!

-HAN JISUNG

Han Jisung..

Han Jisung!!

HAN JISUNG!!!

How could he? Jisung? His Sungie did that to him?

Minho's hands stayed frozen, eyes stuck at the still screen of his laptop, but mind running thousands of miles at the same time.

That couldn't be true, right?

Although his heart had already started aching at the fear of being betrayed yet again by the most important person in his life, Minho's first thoughts were to check it himself.

Grabbing his phone from the side, he typed in Jisung's contact and called him.

"The number you're trying to reach is currently unreachable."

And it went on.

No matter how many times the guy desperately tried to reach his lover that he had parted ways with just a few hours ago, he couldn't.

Jisung had had his number destroyed.

"Sir, should I call the police now? I don't think we should wait any longer." San, who had been witnessing the sudden downhill of Minho's state, finally spoke up again.

"No."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"There's no need to file a case, San. Leave the matter here."

Minho's voice was stern, total contradictory to how his hands had started shaking under the table, breathing going shallow as he held onto the remaining of breath as much as he could.

"But sir, this is a big loss! You'll have to explain everything to your father if we don't solve-"

"This issue doesn't concern dad, San." Minho's voice raised. "I earned this money fare and it's my money that's been-"

His voice cracked as he tried to keep his voice from trembling. "-that's been stolen. I'll deal with this myself and I don't wish on involving the police."

San wanted to protest, but seeing the determination in his boss's eyes, he knew Minho couldn't be budged.

"As you wish, sir." He sighed before bowing.

Minho stood up, the sharp pain in his chest growing bigger with the movements he made. "I'll be off, San. Cover for me."

And before hearing any other word from his secretary, Minho made his way out of his office with wobbly legs carrying him just wherever.

It was a sunny day outside, as it was supposed to be. Minho looked up to see the sun shining brightly on him from up above, the heat somehow making his vision blurry.

He looked down, not being able to take in so much light.

But as soon as he did, his wobbly legs went numb as his whole body suddenly couldn't lift the weight any longer, falling downwards.

A sharp pain spreading throughout his whole body before his vision went fully blur, Minho collapsed on the hot concrete of the road in front of his office building.

...

When he opened his eyes again, it was all white. No sound of traffic or the bright sun that had been shining on him before he lost consciousness.

Instead he could hear the little bips from the side, his eyes moving around to take in the view of a hospital room.

Minho looked over at the large window in his room to see it was already dark outside.

A sharp headache was already settled in his skull as he tried to remember how long he had been passed out.

"Oh, sir you're awake!"

Minho snapped his head towards the door to see San, his secretary, entering the hospital room, a tired look prominent on his features.

The doctor came in right after, running some checkups on Minho before concluding that his sudden passing out was due to stress.

As the doctor finally left them, San took a sit on the the stool beside his hospital bed. "I've already filed a week off for you. Please rest a lot, Minho hyung. I was really scared when I found your body just lying there in front of the office."

Minho chuckled bitterly as a reply, squirming a little on the uncomfortable hospital bed to find a perfect angle of comfort.

"I'm fine, San. Handle things for me for a while." He shot an apologetic smile towards the younger.

San nodded, a little unsure.

The two had been pretty close since Minho first came to the states. Being formal at work and friends outside were a part of their lives.

He knew that Minho wasn't gonna be alright. The older would most probably break down the second there were no eyes left peering at him.

"Hyung, there's something you need to know." Minho nodded, signalling for him to continue. "I know you told me not to involve the police, which I didn't, but I tried to get a hold of Mr. Han. I couldn't just leave it you know."

"What did you find?" There was no hint of surprise in Minho's voice as if he had known the younger wouldn't fully listen to him.

"Nothing. All I know is that Han Jisung didn't go to withdraw or transfer the money himself. The bankers couldn't recognize him. When I tried to dig in more, I just couldn't."

Minho frowned. "What do you mean you couldn't?"

"It's as if a bigger influence is shielding him from us!" The frustration in San's voice was clear as he ran his hand through his hair.

Minho sat there silently, thinking. He thought back to the joyous times he had spent with Jisung in this very city, no sign of feign in any shape or form noticable in the younger male.

A part of him believed the proofs, but a part of him was still very much in denial of any of this being reality.

The ghostly touches of Han Jisung were still very much lingering on his whole body, his mind still very much clouded with affection towards him.

"You've worked hard, San but it's really time to stop. Leave this matter and I don't want to repeat this again."

San stared at the back of Minho's head as the older had now moved his head away from him. He knew it was his cue to leave the older alone, as well as the whole issue itself.

And so he did. Wishing good night to his older friend, he left the hospital room in silence.

Minho stared outside the busy streets illuminated by headlights of passing cars. He knew, no matter what the reality was, he had lost yet again.

The weight of life fell down as he finally shed the tears that had been blurring his vision.