17

Seungmin's POV

I thought I'd die. Literally.

The exams started from today and I already felt so anxious that I might fail, all the stress getting to my head. I had just finished exams for the day and was heading towards my dorm room.

Upon entering, I saw Hyunjin lying flat on his stomach on his bed. Must've been wrecked from the studies.

"Yah! Get your ass up. Let's get dinner." I yelled in a not-so-loud voice once I stood beside his slamped figure.

Hyunjin groaned before unwillingly getting up. "Can't I just skip, Minnie? I'm too tired." He pouted.

As cute as the tired pout looked on my best friend, I couldn't let him skip dinner. "Nope! You need energy. Now let's go."

And so, I dragged a dramatic llama with me towards the cafeteria downstairs to grab dinner together. We both got our food and settled down on one of the white tables.

Third person's POV

Hyunjin looked up from his food to stare at his best friend munching tiredly on his food. He could tell that the youngest of the two was stressed with the finals, he himself was too but at that moment, Seungmin was more prioritised by him than himself.

That's a fact that never changed.

"How was today's exam?" Hyunjin tried to build up a conversation.

"It was good actually! I hope the other ones go this well too."

Hyunjin smiled. "Of course it will, Seungmin. You worked really hard the whole year. Don't stress too much."

Seungmin smiled back at his best friend. He knew he could always count on Hyunjin for cheering him up. It's like the older just had this special effect on him that he just couldn't resist.

Seungmin never understood what the bond was and never really bothered to look into it either.

"You know..." Hyunjin's voice suddenly changed into a sad tone which caught Seungmin's attention. "Do you remember Jeongin?"

Seungmin nodded. "Yeah, the guy a year younger than us. You've mentioned him a couple of times as you two seemed to be really close lately."

Hyunjin hummed in response. "He- uh.. he confessed to me last night."

Seungmin choked on the rice he just gulped as he heard what the other said. Hyunjin quickly handed him the water bottle, helping him to stop the coughing fit.

"Wait what! I had no idea." Seungmin muttered to himself in shock.

"Yeah.. I was shocked too."

"So? What did you say?" Scooting closer to Hyunjin, Seungmin whispered curiously.

"I rejected him. Seungmin, he looked so dejected and heartbroken. I hated seeing him like that, especially when it was because of me."

Hyunjin rubbed his face in frustration. If he hated one thing the most in his life, it was seeing people in pain, whether that be one of his loved ones or a complete stranger.

And the younger knew that very well. Sighing, he reached across the table to gently release Hyunjin's hand from his face, holding it in his afterwards.

"It's okay, Jinnie !~ it's not your fault you know that."

Hyunjin nodded, looking down at their tangled hands. He had to fight back a smile despite feeling shitty about the situation with Jeongin.

"Why though?" He looked up again to meet Seungmin's eyes this time.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you guys were hitting it off pretty well. Why did you reject him?" Seungmin rephrased his question.

"I l-like Jeongin a lot but he is like a little brother to me." Hyunjin cursed himself internally for stuttering as now he couldn't look the younger in the eyes anymore.

"Uhu~" Seungmin brought out his thinking face. "It doesn't sound like that's the only reason, Jinnie. Are you hiding something from me?"

Damn it! Why can he read me like a book!?

"N-No. What are you saying?" Hyunjin chuckled nervously but the laughter died down as soon as he saw Seungmin's serious expression not altering.

"Spill it, Hwang."

"W-Well," Hyunjin gulped before continuing, scary Seungmin was a Seungmin he was used to avoiding at all cost. "I already have someone else in my mind."

Seungmin's eyes widened again at his best friend's confession. "Jinnie! How come you didn't tell me? Who is it!?"

You didn't tell me about Minho hyung being in your mind either.

Hyunjin sighed, knowing very well in no way he could let his feelings be shown, at least not now.

"I'm not ready to reveal it yet." He simply stated.

The younger pouted and leanded back in his seat in defeat. Yes, he wanted to know badly who had his best friend's heart but he didn't want to push him at all. So as expected, he let it go for now.

"It's okay, Jinnie. Whatever makes you happy." Seungmin gathered his stuffs as he was done eating, about to get away from their table when Hyunjin grabbed his wrist to make him stop in his track.

The older's head was filled with mixed emotions. The words that were mostly roaming around his head was surprisingly neither his or the younger's.

It was Jeongin's last words.

"Hyung, there's only two ways of love. You either adore it or regret it. But the most important of it all is to be courageous. As long as you are courageous enough to show your love to that person, you have done your part perfectly. I hope you'll be courageous too."

Hyunjin was struck with the younger boy's words, not being able to form any kind of response before he went away, far from his sight.

So right now, he wanted to be courageous. Whether it went well or not, he'd at least know he played his part of the play.

"Seungmin?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll tell you who the person is.... after the finals are over."