18

Minho's POV

It was nothing but a tiring exam day.

The finals were running so I barely had time for anything other than studying at the moment. Not to mention the constant nagging from my parents about how I absolutely had to nail the exams.

I was now at the front porch of my house, taking off my shoes after returning from university.

Before entering the house, I noticed both my parents' cars parked, meaning they were home. It was a little early for them to be home though but I shrugged it off nevertheless.

"Minho honey, you're back!" I heard my mom's voice from the living room.

"Yes, mum." I shot her a smile.

"How was the exam?" My dad asked, poking his face out of the newspaper.

"It was good." Both of them grinned at that. "I need to prepare for the next one though so I'll go to my room now."

"Honey, do you think you can spare some time from your studies and sit here with us for a while?"

Okay, now that was odd. There was no way my parents would consider anything more important than me studying.

I had been sensing my parents acting kind of strange for a few months but couldn't really put my finger on it.

"Umh yeah sure." I took a sit across from my parents on the couch.

"We will cut the chase and get straight to the point. Me and your mom have been actively in contact with Minjae, your mother's friend, and we came to a decision about you kids' future." My dad spoke.

My body tensed at the mention of aunt Minjae. What did they mean they figured out mine and Nori's future?

"After you're done with your finals this year, you'll be sent to the USA to complete the rest of your study while also monitoring the branch of our company there. I think it'll be a great opportunity to experience the work." Father concluded.

What!?

Before I could react, my mom started talking this time. "And after about 3 years, you'll be returning to Korea again to fully inherit the business and also get married to Nori. That way both of the family businesses can collide and we'll be unstoppable."

What the actual fuck!?

"No way!" I yelled, standing up from the couch out of frustration. "You can't just decide everything and hope for me to abide by all the time. What are you even saying? There's no way I'm going to US and no way I'm marrying Nori. Did you even concern about Nori's will?"

I was fuming with rage. This was so messed up. I could bear with my parents to a certain point but this surely crossed all boundaries.

My parents seemed to be too calm in contrast to my outburst though. "Take a seat first, son."

Calming my nerves a bit, I sat down again.

"I've heard you have been in contact with miss Nori since you two met last time." My mother started again. "And to answer your question, yes, Nori is well aware about everything and she was the one to propose all of this. We thought the plan was perfect so son, you have no choice but to accept this."

At that moment, I felt so betrayed. Never in my life, I had been tricked like this before.

All this time I thought of Nori as a very good friend and they're telling me that she knew everything.

This had been her plan all along? My hands started shaking with rage.

"I'm not gonna go by your rules, mom-dad." I sternly exclaimed before standing up to leave the room. Before I could reach the stairs I heard my dad's last warning.

"Careful what you decide, son. You'll be a nobody to us once you decide to go against our will."

A week later

Seungmin had just finished his last paper, meaning now he was free from all the stress and pressure for a good amount of time. He couldn't have been more ecstatic.

He was making his way towards his dorm room when a text appeared on his phone that had been in his grasp the whole time.

Hyunjin
Meet me at the park beside the lake.

Right. Seungmin was supposed to meet his best friend once he was done with the exams today.

Last night Hyunjin had reminded him of the promise the other guy made about finally telling him who his crush was.

Seungmin was very curious to know. So without wasting more time, he dropped by his room to leave his bag before heading towards the park Hyunjin had mentioned.

It was a 5 minutes walk from their dormitory.

Upon entering the familiar park, a rush of nostalgia flowed through him. He smiled recalling all the times he had come here to play in the sleds, swings and sands as a kid, all the times he sat down under his favourite tree to write poetry in middle school, all the times he had escaped his hell of a life coming here in high school.

And all that accompanied by one person only.

Hwang Hyunjin.

His best friend for life. The sweetest soul to exist.

Sighing contently at the memories, Seungmin made his way towards the old oak tree beside the lake, his favourite place in the park. He knew Hyunjin would be there.

As he neared the tree, he could make out a figure sitting under the tree while leaning his back against it, eyes closed.

A smile adorned Seungmin's face as he ran to his best friend's leaning figure.

"Don't fall asleep." He laughed while also sitting down seeing Hyunjin flinch at his sudden voice.

"Yah, Seungmin! How many times did I tell you not to do that? You want me to have a heart attack at this age?" He exclaimed, sitting up properly.

"Yeah, yeah, stop being dramatic." Hyunjin huffed at that.

"How did the exam go?" Hyunjin asked as both of them settled down, leaning against the tree together this time, there shoulders touching.

"It was good actually. Let's not talk about exams now. I'm finally fReee!" Both of them chuckled.

A comfortable silence fell upon the place. Hyunjin was nervous as heck. His heart was beating so fast he had a hard time just keeping himself from shaking in fear.

But he had already promised himself that he would not chicken out this time.

Whatever the consequence might be, he will confess his feelings today.

"Seungmin?" Hyunjin sat up, having Seungmin faced with his back.

"Yeah?" Seungmin also sat up noticing how the playfulness had dropped from Hyunjin's voice.

"Thank you for always letting me be by your side. All my life the only happiness I ever felt was while being by your side, seeing you smile and cry with me."

Seungmin smiled at the older which he returned immediately.

"Please don't hate me for this. But I just wanted to tell you that-"

"That you are the person in my heart. The one I'm in love with and have always been."

A/N

Yall I love Case 143 *clutches heart*