34

Pushing the force of gusting wind of a winter night, Minho drove past the city in his favourite bike. He had light layers on him, not enough to protect him from the harshness of the night.

But Minho didn't mind. He was someone who loved feeling cold, the sensation of goosebumps spreading throughout his body due to cold.

He turned the engine off as he parked his bike in front a familiar house. Loud music could be heard even from outside.

Minho's best friend, Chan, knew exactly how to make a party enjoyable and even from outside, Minho could feel the positive vibe coming from inside.

It all made his heart swell in nostalgia as a small smile adorned his features.

Without wasting more time away from his friends, Minho made his way inside the house.

The inside was decorated with dim purple lights, a bar area and a spare place for the dancing people. Heavy music filled the air.

As Minho roamed around the house, he noticed quite a few faces here and there, like the juniors he once guided throughout the campus, or the Yeonbin couple he once met at a party.

He didn't reach them nor did any of them notice his presence.

After going about alone for a while, he finally noticed a purple haired guy talking to two other guys, a glass of liquor in his hands.

"Hey," Minho poked at the older guy's shoulder to get his attention which he got right away as the slightly shorter guy moved around.

"He-" Chan couldn't finish his greeting, a loud gasp escaping his mouth as his eyes took in the view of his childhood best friend, that he hadn't seen in the last 2 years.

"Minho!!"

Chan cried out before crashing the younger male in front of him in a bone-crashing hug.

"Chill Chan, you're killing me." Minho let the words slip in between his giggles and fake gags.

Chan released him before firmly gripping both of Minho's hands from the side, silently staring at him as if he was still processing the fact that Lee Minho was actually there in front of him.

"I can't believe my eyes! Changbin, did I drink too much already?" He looked behind to see Changbin's just as astonished face.

"I don't think so, hyung." The shorter let out.

Chan looked forward to stare at Minho's grinning face. So it wasn't a drill. His childhood best friend, Minho, was really there in front of him. He hugged the younger again, this time burying his face in the other's shoulder.

Minho wrapped his arm around the older too.

"Minho! Is that really you?" Chan's voice cracked. "Omg why didn't you tell me you're gonna come back? When did you come back?"

"Today. Calm down, Chan and yeah it is your dorky best friend." Minho chuckled again as he loosened his grip on the older to face him again. "Omg Chan what the hell you crying for!?"

Chan wailed, grabbing onto Minho's arms tighter. "I thought I wouldn't see you ever! You disappeared for so long, not even contacting your best friend anymore!!"

A sigh came from behind as Minho glanced to catch Changbin mumble, "I told this stupid hyung not to drink so much."

Both of them chuckled before dragging Chan to sit on one of the empty couches.

I guess I'll have to catch up with you later.

"Hyung, I'm glad you're back. We've all missed you very much." He smiled at Changbin who was struggling to keep Chan straight.