Chapter Thirty

𝐋 𝐄 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐃 𝐎

𝐋 𝐄 𝐎 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐃 𝐎

Romero Vincenzo Russo

Son, Brother, And Friend

"Pain and loss may only be temporary but the rememberance of the memories you held onto dearly of the one you have lost touch with May last a life time"

That's what my brother tombstone read, the vivid remembrance of it shocked me to my core sending a bursting  anger through me, my hand hesitantly reach out grazing over the glossiness of it,

He was all but of eighteen years old, Too young to be considered an adult but old enough to had been ridiculed and mocked for the troubling measure of his death. His fate along with my own was one in which had been decide for me— us from conception.

We were always doomed, but the only thing in which we were in control of was how we lived our destined lives, ruling with power and stoned heart or being open, warmed with a sense of urgency to care for anyone other than yourself.

The choice was just as conflicting as it was self assessment, how you along with other had seen yourself. Romero's life ended once he was killed. By mine had only begun.

We had two choice of we we were to be and the person we would grow to rule the familia, A shot of ruling our own empire. Being on top. Being Don.

And to be quite frank, I felt like I was the monster under the bed, waiting to snatch you up hall you away from those you love(d) near and dear—

But, I myself had experienced the gruesome pains of that very aftermath and still til this day those very wounds continue to ache.

And a sharp breathe got caught in my throat, tears well wishing me and I felt a warm liquid drop down onto my skin, the droplet was warm and wet and I flicked it away, A tear?

I was crying, for the first time in a long time, and it felt— I don't even know how it felt or even how I felt for this matter, I guess empty, almost like a void.

"I failed" The words came out hushed under the disappointment of my own grievance of hurt.

Hurt, and pain. Something that felt so familiar it was Alan it as if it had built a home of its own writhing my heart awaiting for the time to reveal itself in full.

Yet never doing so, Today I visited my brother's grave wishing, No, seeeking out for any type of wisdom I could possibly receive though sounding questionable to the state of my deteriorating mental state.