Chapter fourty-Eight

𝐄 𝐋 𝐈 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀

𝐄 𝐋 𝐈 𝐀 𝐍 𝐍 𝐀

I stood here, motionless.

Completely in my mind, my mind just over flowing, my disastrous mind.

My body ached— and there was no other wording how I felt, because I felt like shit. Complete and utter shit.

Everytime I closed my eyes all I saw was Leonardo limp body, the sounds of gun shots filling my ears once again.

My heart sank to my knees remembering the cry I let out as I ran to him, trying my best to stop his bleeding, wishing to take his pain and bear it as my own.

And the sad truth of it all was, I don't think I could have ever comprehend the importance of someone's touch, his touch, until it was ripped away from my grasp.

And that's what I currently believe hurt me the most, though my pain was as if on scale and right now I was reaching my limit of capacity— overflowing like a river trying to ground myself, constantly pushing myself, reminding myself to come up again for air—

And yet there was none, none at all.

The heat of the shower water entrapped my body in full, the burning sensation felt like a comfort but I didn't feel relieved of any pain my heart carried.

I stepped closer underneath the shower head, hugging my body close trying to temper the tingle of his touch on skin.

But there was nothing, my body felt cold.

I sigh, placing my head against the shower wet wall feeling tears escape my eyes, my breath hitching and a son of hurt left me before I could catch it.

Nothing was ever suppose to hurt like this, Nothing.

And yet, here I was. Defeated at last.

I needed him. I wanted him back.

And nothing was was all I felt now, nothing.

***

It's been a entire fucking week since the shooting and right now, we're trying to track where the text message came from.

Judging by its coordinates and the range of the connection, it seemed that the text we had received was sent out an abandoned warehouse, off a knock off phone, a burner phone. The coordinates back tracked to a location a little less than hour away.

Which lets us know they had someone waiting there to send the text while they casually tried to fucking kill us.

We've to come up with a plan to find them but Athena says they're most likely hiding.