chapter 10

innocent heart part 10

The Day of Haldi Ceremony

(Haldi ceremony is the official declaration of marriage. Lots of blessings: According to the tradition, married women. Family relatives and friends are allowed to apply turmeric paste on the bride or groom. This symbolizes that happily married women shower their blessings on the bride or groom for their new start).

At the behest of the Savitri, the Haldi Ceremony kept in the Shan mansion. Today the mansion had been decorated with yellow coloured decoration. Everyone was busy with their work. The guests have started arriving.

Vishant's Room

Vishant and Karan were sitting on sofa and discussing about business in his room. They were so engrossed in their conversation so they didn't noticed Savitri entering inside room.

She came and stood at some distance. She looked at them head to toe while folding her hands on her chest.

She sighed in exasperation when her eyes felt on vishant who was wearing a suit when she already told him to change and wear him yellow kurta. She coughed to gain their attention and they gave her their attention.

"What are you wearing? I put a yellow kurta on the bed for you to wear then why didn't you wear it?" she asked narrowing her eyes on them while waving her pointed fingers up and down.

He rubbed his hands on his face and leaned back on sofa while closing his eyes.

"Vishant" she called his name seriously while putting her hands on her hips.

He sighed in frustration and opened his eyes and raised his head to look at her and said in boring tone "What Dadi, I'm okay with it and I am not going to change. At your behest, I stopped for the rituals. And now stop bothering me. I will not change."

Saying this he took laptop from tea table and put it in his lap and started working again.

Savitri gasped at his ignorance.

Savitri glared at Karan who was sitting quietly but seeing his grandmother glaring at him, he gulped down.

"What have I done????? I have already worn kurta. Why are you glaring at me like that? " He asked her sheepishly smiling at him.

"I'm looking at you because you didn't tell him to what he should and shouldn't have done." She said in irritation while glaring at vishant who was royally ignoring them.

"You are saying like he listens me. Your arrogant grandson never listens anyone" he said sarcastically making irritated face while glaring at him.

Vishant understood his sarcasm but didn't say anything to him.

He shook his head when he felt that he should not have said this in front of him. He was not happy with the marriage but he couldn't tell all this to his grandmother.

Savitri did not pay much attention to Karan's words because her all attention was on vishant.

She went close to Vishant and took his laptop from his lap.

He tried to take his laptop back but she shot him an angry look. He sighed and said in calm voice supressing his frustration "Dadi, I have urgent work to do so please give me my laptop".

"Enough, you both won't even take the names of work until you got married. And dare to defy me." She said in warning tone while giving them her angry look.

"As you say but he is groom, I am not so I am free, I can do my office work." He said in his defence.

Vishant said controlling his irritation "How can be like this???? you know there is a lot of work in the office. I can't leave my work and who told you to plan grand wedding when we can simple wedding."