Chapter 48

Innocent Heart Part 48

In a room, a man was half lying on the floor, his back was resting against the bed and his head was on the bed, his eyes were closed, his hair was dishevelled and there were marks of dried tears on his face which were telling the condition of his grieving and depressing soul. His feet were straight on the floor and there were many empty liquor bottles around him. The man still had a half-empty bottle in his hand, alcohol spilling onto the floor.

All the lights of that room were switched off. This room was bereft of every light except one only. the moonlight coming from the window illuminated the room. That room was completely destroyed, all the things of that room were lying on the floor broken in million pieces, along with them some pictures were lying on the floor, in which some were torn and crumbled.

It was midnight when the door of that room flung opened and Karan entered inside and shook his in disbelief and disappointment head after seeing the condition of the room. Today he saw the same scene for the second time and the first one was like a nightmare which he could never forget till his last breath.

The first thing he did was find switchboard to illuminate the dark room which he soon found and turned on the light, then he looked around the whole room and saw that his brother was sleeping on the floor. He cautiously approached him and saw empty liquor bottles scattered all over the room. Seeing his brother like this, he groaned in anger. First, he hurt Aashi and now he was hurting himself.

He did not understand that what was the wrong with this man?? When everything was falling into their place, what was the need for him to do what he did with Aashi?? And let's not talk about his anger which was the biggest reason for Aashi and his own pain but every time his anger could not be blamed because whatever he had done today, there was no justification, neither his anger nor his past. If he couldn't control his anger then he should let Aashi go instead of forcing her into this marriage which could be nothing more than suffocation for her.

"Fuck this man" Karan scowled before kneeling down beside him and looked at him carefully.

He shook him grabbing by his shoulder to wake him up but it did not work. He sighed and shook him vigorously but instead of waking up, vishant fell down to his side.

"Vishant wake up" Karan said while patting his cheek but it did not affect him, after all, how could a person who has completely lost his consciousness under the influence of alcohol get up and reply, it will be nothing less than a miracle.

"He is unconscious, there is no use in waking him up. I will have to wait for him to regain consciousness, only then can I know what happened? Why did he do this??? But there is one thing that whatever may be the reason this time I am not going to forgive you and will not let you get close to Aashi" Karan said looking at him who was sleeping peacefully after destroying everything.

He took the bottle of alcohol from his hand and kept it on the side and lifted him from the floor and made him lie down on the bed. He took a look at Vishant and stroked his cheek which still had traces of dried tears on it. He was sad to see his brother in this condition but today he was sad for Aashi more than Vishant because he knew that after what happened today, her innocent heart must have been broken and he was angry on his brother too who broke her innocent heart and destroyed their chances of a happy marriage.

"Vishant, what you did was totally wrong. You should have thought before doing anything. You ruined your own life with your own hands..." he sighed dejectedly taking his hand back from his cheek and turned around to leave the room, curling his hands in fists. He walked past the bed but stopped on his heels as his gaze fell on the floor, he saw some pictures lying on the floor. He crouched down and picked up one of them and looked at carefully, seeing which his eyes remained wide open and his head snapped towards Vishant while rubbing his head with his hand.