Chapter 37

Innocent Heart Part 37

Next morning (Agarwal mansion)

Ajay and Mahi were having their breakfast at the dining table. Mahi was lost in herself. When Ajay saw her lost like this, he called out to her but she was so lost in herself that she did not even pay attention to Ajay.

This was not the first time he had seen her lost like this. Ever since Vishant and Karan took over Agarwal Industries, she had been behaving like this and for few days she seemed to zone out anytime, due to which he started worrying about her. He was already feeling guilty for not being able to save Aashi and seeing Mahi like this, his guilt increased tenfold.

He called her name again but this time his voice was a bit louder which made her snapped out of her thoughts and she saw that he was looking at her with worry, concern, care and tension in his eyes.

"What are you thinking??? Since when have I you been calling??? Is there any problem?" he asked worriedly.

She averted her eyes because she could not lie to him but she could not even tell him the truth because everything that had happened in these few months had shaken her to the core and one after the other betrayal had taken away her mental peace and she started doubting herself since few days that how she was not able to identify people's ill intentions towards her and easily got trapped in their web. Now she felt that she could hardly trust anyone. She first trusted Vishant for which Aashi paid the price and again she blindly trusted Vishant and Karan in return of which they lost their control over Aggarwal Industries.

"Nothing bhai (brother)...I don't have any problem." she tried to avoid the matter which he too noticed. He sighed and took a long a deep breathe before saying "Mahi, if you have any problem, you can tell me because I don't want you to do the same mistake that Aashi did. I care for both of you and cannot see you like this. I already feel helpless in the matter of Aashi, please don't make me feel that way for you too." his voice held helplessness and disappointment which made her heart clench painfully. It was the first time she felt this in his voice, his voice was always confident and chivalrous, sometimes it had anger and sadness in it but helplessness was never in his voice. She felt guilty that he felt this way because of her.

She got up from her chair and sat beside his chair and said taking his hand in her which was on the table "Sorry bhai (bro) if you felt this way because of me. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. Trust me brother, I have no problem. I am just very disturbed by what has happened. I feel like I am a fool who trusts people and gives them a chance to take advantage of myself."

He understood what was going on inside her. He put his other hand on her head and said to her "You are not a fool. Trusting someone is not stupidity because if we humans do not trust each other then there will be nothing left in this world. You are not wrong. Always remember my one thing that you are not wrong who you trusted them, they are wrong who broke your trust because trust is very fragile, it takes years to build but it doesn't take a moment to break it. Even so, don't remember it as your mistake but remember it as a lesson, then you will find it practical than a mistake because we always remember practical so forget about it now and stop finding fault in yourself. My sisters are perfect as they are and I am proud of them." She nodded her head while tears breamed in her eyes listening him.

"Don't" he said while caressing under her eye with his thumb and she instantly gave him her bright smile which made him smile too.

"Ok now leave all this, I have something to tell you." he said to change topic and their emotional mood. His eyes shined with happiness.

Her mood instantly lit up and she asked him looking at him with same bright smile "what bhai (brother)???"

He chuckled seeing her enthusiasm and shook his head in disbelief that she was dull some time ago but now she was excited. He was happy with it. He always wanted his sisters to be happy. Mahi was in front of him but Aashi. He wanted to meet Aashi, wanted to talk to her so he thought of calling her later.