16. Tourbus life

We were all gathered by the tour buses, and Gustav pointed to another bus while noting, "Elise, maybe it's best if you travel with your own crew." His concern was understandable, considering the morning's situation.
However, Bill immediately spoke up and took my hand. "No, Elise is coming with us," he declared firmly. I nodded gratefully, feeling relieved that he was standing up for me.
The five of us got on the tour bus, and Bill pulled out a box full of games. Tom expressed a slight disappointment, saying, "I really wanted to play Call of Duty."
Bill laughed and replied, "I get to choose." Georg grumbled something similar, and Gustav immediately supported Bill by saying, "Bill does get to choose."
Bill smiled as he started the game, and it seemed like we would spend our time on the bus playing games and trying to forget the awkward atmosphere from this morning.

As we traveled through the bumpy landscape, we decided to play a game of Jungle Speed. Bill, Tom, Gustav, Georg, and I sat in a circle around a wobbly table in the tour bus, with the game board spread out before us. The wooden totem stood proudly in the middle, ready for action.
Bill took the lead and flipped the first card, and we all looked at the cards with serious expressions, as if our lives depended on it. Tom glanced from his cards to the totem, muttering, "If I don't grab that totem first, I'll be the biggest loser ever."
Gustav seemed fascinated by his own nose and stared at it as if it held the key to the universe. Georg drummed his fingers on the table like a virtuoso table tennis player preparing for the match of his life. I sat on the edge of my seat, ready to react like a whirlwind.
Suddenly, a card appeared that matched perfectly with another one. It was as if the stars aligned and gave us a wink. In the blink of an eye, we all pounced on the totem.
Bill was a fraction of a second quicker than the rest and triumphantly grabbed the totem. "I'm the Jungle Speed king!" he exclaimed. "That means I get to choose the snacks at the next rest stop!"
After our intense Jungle Speed competition, we left the game and just started chatting. The atmosphere in the bus was relaxed and light, and it felt good to simply enjoy each other's company without the pressure of performances and fan obligations.
Tom started a hilarious story about a failed performance from years ago, where he almost fell off the stage, and we laughed until tears welled up in our eyes. Georg shared his own stage mishaps, and even Gustav, usually the calmest of the group, had a few funny stories to tell.

After the pit stop at the gas station, we decided to watch a movie in the tour bus. We settled into the comfortable seats, and Bill took charge of setting up the screen and sound system. It was a cozy affair, with Georg and Gustav fetching some snacks and Tom making jokes about the film choice.
Bill and I sat next to each other on the couch, sharing a blanket to keep warm. The bus's lights were dimmed, and the screen lit up with the start of the movie. It was a comedy, and soon the sound of laughter filled the bus. We all reacted to the funny moments in the film and exchanged comments and inside jokes.
During the movie, I noticed that Bill would occasionally smile at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. It felt good to be so relaxed and happy in the company of these guys, even if it was just for a while.
As the movie progressed, we frequently burst into laughter. The humor was exactly what we needed after a long day and the intense Jungle Speed competition. During the funny moments, we slapped each other on the shoulders, exchanged winks, and laughed until our stomachs hurt.
The film brought us all closer together, and it was a great way to pass the time while on the road to our next destination. After the movie, we discussed the funniest scenes and reminisced about moments from our own lives that were similar to what we had seen.

In the early evening, I noticed that Bill was getting tired. He had clearly had a rough night, and fatigue was catching up with him. We said goodbye to Tom, Gustav, and Georg, who wanted to stay a bit longer in the common area to chat and relax. Bill and I headed to his room in the tour bus, which was really just a cozy sleeping area with a small bed.
I climbed onto the bed since there wasn't much space, and Bill immediately sat down beside me. In the dim light of the bus, we stared at the ceiling as the sounds of the road surrounded us. The gentle sound of the moving bus and occasional passing streetlights created a calming atmosphere.
"Bill," I whispered softly, "I understand that all of this is confusing for you. If you want to talk, I'm here." I wanted to be there for him, just as he had been there for me when I felt lost in this strange world.
Bill smiled gratefully and rested his head on my shoulder. "Thank you, Elise," he murmured. "I really appreciate it."
While Bill and I lay there, just before he drifted off to sleep, I suddenly heard Tom's laughing voice in the tour bus's hallway. He entered with his characteristic mischievous grin, saying, "I'm here to get back at you, just like I promised when we played Jungle Speed," and began playfully wrestling with Bill as if they were little boys again.
I just watched, smiling at the bond between the brothers.
"You two are truly incredible," I said with a smile as I watched them teasing each other. Tom paused for a moment in their play and looked at me with a wink. "We certainly are, Elise."
Despite all the confusion and uncertainty that the past few days had brought, it was clear that the bond between Bill and Tom was stronger than ever.
Ultimately, after some playful tugging and pushing, they both ended up breathless on the bed, side by side. Their faces were red from laughter and roughhousing.
Tom put his arm around Bill and gave him a hug. "Everything will be fine, little brother," he reassured. "We have each other, and that's what matters."
Bill smiled at Tom and nodded. "Yes, that's true."