58. Family

POV Elise 

The boys had already left, and I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness as I realized that the Kaulitz brothers' family could arrive at any moment. I had just had a great time with the boys in Bill's attic chill area, especially the moment when I defeated Andreas in the zombie game, which had impressed him. He was one of the twins' best friends, and it felt good to get his approval.
As I nervously fidgeted with the dress I had put on for this occasion, I noticed Simone in the kitchen. She was busy stirring pots of soup and seemed just as nervous as I was. She wanted everything to be perfect, and I could understand that she felt a bit overwhelmed.
The doorbell rang, and Gordon hurried to answer it. He returned to the kitchen, accompanied by a friendly-looking older woman with gray hair and a radiant smile. "Omi," Bill and Tom exclaimed in unison, rushing to hug their grandmother.
Omi seemed a bit overwhelmed by the warm welcome. Her eyes gleamed with joy as she embraced her grandchildren. Gordon smiled broadly and greeted Omi with a kiss on the cheek. Simone quickly wiped her hands on her apron and rushed to greet Omi as well.
Simone warmly greeted her mother and introduced me to her. "This is Elise," she said with a proud smile. Omi nodded kindly to me and said, "Nice to meet you, Elise. My grandsons have told me a lot about you."
"It's a pleasure to meet you," I said modestly. Omi looked at me kindly and nodded. "Elise, what a beautiful name. The pleasure is entirely mine, dear," she replied with a warm smile. I felt a blush creeping onto my cheeks as the tension of the moment began to subside.
While Omi and the boys caught up in the living room, Simone continued with the food preparations. The smell of soup filled the kitchen, and I realized that we could expect more guests.
The atmosphere quickly became livelier with Omi around. She shared stories about the boys when they were children and laughed at their antics. It was clear that she had a strong bond with her grandsons. I admired the warmth and love that prevailed in this family.
As we stood talking, I began to feel more at ease. Omi was a charming and welcoming woman, and I appreciated her kindness. She asked me about my background and interests, and I told her about my passion for music and my dreams for the future. She listened attentively and nodded approvingly.
After a while, more relatives arrived, aunts and uncles who greeted me warmly and immediately made me feel at ease. It was evident that this was a close-knit family.

It was time to sit at the table, and the atmosphere was extremely cozy. Everyone laughed and chatted cheerfully, and I felt completely embraced by the Kaulitz family. I enjoyed the warmth and affection that prevailed here. At one point, I looked at Simone, who was also laughing, and I realized how grateful I was for this moment.
But suddenly, like a lightning bolt, my own mother shot through my thoughts. My own world, my own responsibilities, taking care of my mother who was probably all alone in my world. She could have fallen, needed help, and here I was, far from home, having fun with a family that wasn't even mine.
A knot of guilt and sadness began to form in my stomach, and it became increasingly difficult to breathe. I stood up abruptly, pushing my chair and excusing myself with a vague explanation. The truth was that I couldn't control the sudden overwhelming emotions.
I ran to the bathroom, closed the door behind me, and sank to the cold floor, tears streaming down my cheeks. My body shook with grief and powerlessness. The feeling of guilt for leaving my own mother, not being there for her, overwhelmed me.
I had not thought about my mother for a while since I was in the Kaulitz family's house. In their company and warmth, I had almost forgotten the problems in my own world. But now, the realization of reality mercilessly hit me.
I wiped the tears from my cheeks and tried to take deep breaths. I needed to get myself under control because I didn't want anyone here to see me like this. I had always pretended to be strong and didn't want to show any signs of weakness.
But now, in this strange house, surrounded by people I had known for only a short time, I suddenly felt lonely and lost. I wondered if I could ever go back to my world, to my mother.
Just at that moment, the bathroom door opened, and I startled. When I looked up, I saw Bill standing there. He had a concerned expression on his face and knelt beside me. His eyes met mine, and he hugged me without saying a word. His arms felt warm and reassuring around me.
I leaned against his chest and buried my face in his shirt. His hands gently stroked my back, and I heard him make soft soothing sounds to calm me down.
The tears flowed freely, and I couldn't stop the sobs. It was as if I was letting out all my pent-up sadness and worries from the past. Bill remained quietly with me, and I felt understood, even without words.